MicroProfile GraphQL 1.1.0 Released!

Andy McCright

Jun 2, 2021, 4:00:21 PM6/2/21
to MicroProfile
Hi All,

After our attempt to release MP GraphQL 1.1 was stalled due to a Sonatype issue (deleted the staged artifacts before the ballot completed), we set out to release again - this time with the "1.1.0" label to avoid conflicts with the not-quite-released-but-not-quite-gone "1.1" release.

I received an email today from the EMO saying that since the 1.1 ballot passed with flying colors, we could skip that step in the 1.1.0 process and go straight to releasing.  So with that in mind, I am excited to announce that MP GraphQL 1.1.0 is now officially released!

You can see the release page on GitHub at: https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-graphql/releases/tag/1.1.0 - this includes links to the spec document and API docs.

Here are the Maven Coordinates:
<dependency>
  <groupId>org.eclipse.microprofile.graphql</groupId>
  <artifactId>microprofile-graphql-api</artifactId>
  <version>1.1.0</version>
</dependency>

Technically speaking, the 1.1.0 release adds little value (to users) over the 1.0.3 release from last year.  There are still two reasons why this is an exciting release:
(1) It is the first release of MP GraphQL since forming the MP Working Group.
(2) It enables Oracle Helidon (and hopefully others) to pass the TCK and certify - expanding the Java GraphQL community.

Thanks to all who helped to make this release a success!

Andy

Michael Redlich

Jun 3, 2021, 5:35:33 AM6/3/21
to MicroProfile Community
That's awesome news, Andy!

Congratulations!

Mike.

Code, TestWrite, Cycle, Run, Drink, Sleep ... Repeat
Java Queue Editor, InfoQ

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler

Roberto Cortez

Jun 3, 2021, 10:43:19 AM6/3/21
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Good news!

I had the impression we stated that a new vote was required, but if that is not the case anymore, great!

I guess it should be ok to do the same with the OpenAPI release, which was in the same situation, right?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Roberto

Andy McCright

Jun 3, 2021, 11:33:00 AM6/3/21
to MicroProfile
> I guess it should be ok to do the same with the OpenAPI release, which was in the same situation, right?

I would think so. Phillip and I chatted about that earlier today - I suggested that he contact the EMO (Maria Theresa) to see if they would be willing to do the same thing for OpenAPI.

Thanks,

Andy