Garden State Java User Group Joins Eclipse MicroProfile Working Group

Michael Redlich

Jan 7, 2021, 10:10:47 AM1/7/21
to MicroProfile Community, Microprofile WG discussions, Barry Burd, Guntur, Chandra (home), Paul S
Dear MicroProfile Community:

The Garden State Java User Group, Inc. (GSJUG) is excited to announce that on December 21, 2020, we have initiated the process to become an Eclipse Foundation Contributing Member supporting the MicroProfile Working Group. We look forward to serving in this leadership role within the MicroProfile community.

Best regards,

The GSJUG Directors:
  • Mike Redlich
  • Barry Burd
  • Chandra Guntur
  • Paul Syers

--
Code, Write, Cycle, Run, Drink, Sleep ... Repeat
InfoQ Java Queue Editor

Emily Jiang

Jan 7, 2021, 11:14:27 AM1/7/21
to mi...@redlich.net, Microprofile WG discussions, MicroProfile Community, Paul S, Guntur, Chandra (home), Barry Burd
Great news! Thanks for sharing, Mike! Look forward to working with you, Barry, Chandra, Paul and others from GSJUG! Great way to start 2021 for MicroProfile!!!

Thanks
Emily

Thanks
Emily

Mark Little

Jan 7, 2021, 11:30:39 AM1/7/21
to microp...@googlegroups.com, Microprofile WG discussions, Barry Burd, Guntur, Chandra (home), Paul S
Welcome. It’s getting crowded here, which is a good thing :)

Mark.

Ruslan Synytsky

Jan 7, 2021, 12:29:49 PM1/7/21
to microp...@googlegroups.com, Barry Burd, Guntur, Chandra (home), Microprofile WG discussions, Paul S
Welcome to the group, GCJUG! 👍

--
Ruslan Synytsky
CEO @ Jelastic Multi-Cloud PaaS

John Clingan

Jan 7, 2021, 2:45:49 PM1/7/21
to MicroProfile
Awesome!

Amelia Eiras

Jan 7, 2021, 5:37:38 PM1/7/21
to MicroProfile Community
I am so excited to welcome you! 🤗

I feel thankful for the 4 of you. Most appreciative that you chose to help & become a part of the evolution of MicroProfile.
Without individuals from diverse ecosystems such as Jelastic, Chicago JUG, Atlanta JUG, and your support, the MicroProfile community wouldn't have enjoyed a positive end of 2020  💛

As one of the 0-day founders of MicroProfile back in June 2016 and a founder of the MPWG, I see the Garden State Java User Group,  formally joining MicroProfile on December 21st, as the best conclusion to MPWG having 6 ORG-founders + formidable contributors.  During the MPWG Life Cycle the ACGNJ was a Participant helping with the Pipeline of Membership listed on page 3.
You shaped your environment to create a new independent reality that allows you to join this community under the Garden State ecosystem has my utmost respect. 💪 Thank you!

Based on our discussions, I understand that:
  1. It took Garden State months of hard work, pandemic delays...  to get the legal not-for-profit legalized and its bank account active, yet you never gave up pushing for speed.
  2. Your desire to join the 5 ORGs in Oct was not possible due to things out of your control, yet you continued contributions & helping on this you had control over.
  3. Your hope & desire to be an MPWG Member from Dec 21st and paid for the 3 months of 2020 that were prorated is well understood. It is valid, fair, and deserved. Plus you got the paperwork as soon as you could!
See you on Tuesday as a Steering Committee Member!

Amelia Eiras

Werner Keil

Jan 8, 2021, 2:21:40 PM1/8/21
to MicroProfile
Welcome.

What do JUGs pay for that in the long term?
There is no such thing as a "Contributing Member" according to the charter: https://www.eclipse.org/org/workinggroups/microprofile-charter.php so is  GSJUG  an Invited Member or a Corporate Member?
In which case I assume JUGs normally would qualify for the smallest category with a  $1,500 (or is it € now) fee due every Jan 1.
Unless JUG members were seen as employees but I doubt that.
Also given Amelia mentioned the Steering Committee, it must be a Corporate membership then, since only Corporate members (aside from an elected Committer rep) have a seat there ;-)

Werner

Werner Keil

Jan 8, 2021, 2:37:16 PM1/8/21
to MicroProfile
Maybe the "Contributing" membership refers to Eclipse Foundation https://www.eclipse.org/membership/#tab-fees ?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume if a JUG joins Eclipse Foundation in that category it's 1k (in the applicable currency) plus another 1.5k to join the MP WG.

Werner

Michael Redlich

Jan 12, 2021, 1:32:44 PM1/12/21
to MicroProfile Community, Microprofile WG discussions
Hello, MicroProfile Community:

Thank you for all the warm welcome messages!  We certainly appreciate being part of this awesome community!

As a follow up to our initial announcement, we hereby announce the following representatives:
  • Primary Representative: Chandra Guntur
  • Alternate Representative: Michael Redlich
All the best,

Mike.

Chandra Guntur

Jan 12, 2021, 1:35:50 PM1/12/21
to MicroProfile
Looking forward to join the Tuesday Jan 12th (today) call ! Thank you all for the the warm welcome for Garden State JUG (GSJUG).

Thanks,
CVG

John Clingan

Jan 12, 2021, 1:43:26 PM1/12/21