Why is ballot management restricted to the WG representatives?

Martin Stefanko

May 6, 2021, 11:31:24 AM5/6/21
to MicroProfile
Hi,

I don't understand (and sorry if I missed this in the process discussions) why the ballot starting and finishing emails needs to be sent by the WG representatives only. Would it be possible to lower this requirement to committers so we don't need to bug our representatives to send these emails for us?

Thanks,
Martin

Amelia Eiras

May 6, 2021, 2:45:48 PM5/6/21
to MPCommunity
Great question Martin.
Please, can you bring it up to the Community call next week? also this email is great for furthering the discussion.

When the templates were created & the MPSP was voted on, it followed that the Steering Committee ought to be the one entity to facilitate the ballot process.
There was no feedback from API committers (not listed in the WG), so your feedback and that of others is relevant and it matters.

Thanks for rocking it,