Technical Call today

Emily Jiang

Apr 20, 2021, 5:32:47 AM4/20/21
to MicroProfile

This week's hangout will be Technical Call. You can find the agenda and minutes here.

As mentioned in the MP WG steering committee meeting minutes, we would like to plan two  releases: MP 4.1 and 5.0(align with Jakarta EE 9). In today's meeting, I put an agenda item on discussing the certification proposal together with the fine details on the releases. We need to find out which specs plan a spec update to be included in MP 4.1. If the spec teams can't make to the call, please comment on this thread or add more info in the minutes.

The joining details can be found in the MP calendar. Please add any agenda items that you would like to discuss.

p.s. Roberto and I take turn to chair the calls. It's my turn today.

Hope to see you there!

Thanks
Emily

Sergey Beryozkin

Apr 21, 2021, 4:47:55 PM4/21/21
to microp...@googlegroups.com
I would not mind doing MP JWT 1.2.1 for MP 4.1 - a few documentation fixes have been applied and I may add one more TCK test verifying a fully formatted PEM key can be inlined

Thanks, Sergey

Emily Jiang

Apr 22, 2021, 6:00:11 AM4/22/21
to MicroProfile
Thank you Sergey! For a service release, you can go ahead to do it without the need of going through the voting process. However, MP 4.1 does not normally target service release. Maybe we can rediscuss again. If you want to add some minor changes, now it is the time.

Martin mentioned there will be a minor relase for MP Health. What about other specs such as Open API? As far as I know MP Metrics, Open Tracing, Fault Tolerance, Rest Client, Config don't have any update to be included in MP 4.1 release. Maybe these specs could directly start working on the jakarta namespace update and get ready for MP 5.0 release. Thoughts?

Thanks
Emily

Sergey Beryozkin

Apr 22, 2021, 7:39:55 AM4/22/21
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Emily

Thanks,

> For a service release, you can go ahead to do it without the need of going through the voting process

This is a good reason to hurry up and do MP JWT 1.2.1 :-). Will try during the next week...

Cheers, Sergey