MicroProfile Facebook page hacked?

Cesar Saavedra

May 27, 2021, 7:57:20 PM5/27/21
to MicroProfile

Dear MicroProfile community,

It's great to see that the MicroProfile community is vibrant and evolving to new heights with the 4.0 release. Although my professional path took me in the DevOps/GitOps direction, I miss working with the awesome members of this community.

I just wanted to drop you a quick note to let you know that earlier today, I got an email from Facebook saying that I had been removed from the MicroProfile Facebook page I had created. Although I no longer actively participate in the MicroProfile community, what was alarming was that the note said that an admin's account of the page might have been hacked. So, I wanted to let you know in case my removal was not done by one of the MicroProfile members I gave admin rights to a year ago. I hope this is not the case.

Take care of yourselves and see you at the next developers conference hopefully sooner than later!

Cesar Saavedra

Amelia Eiras

May 27, 2021, 9:22:01 PM5/27/21
to MPCommunity, Cesar Saavedra
Hola Cesar,

Que chevere escuchar de ti! 💛

There is nothing to worry about with the notification you received about FB admin.  Apologies, it took us that long to complete it.  You expected your FB admin update to happen over  + 1 year ago, yet it just happened today.  None has used MP FB since you left.  You took such good care of that account as it always took single pushes, and it was that much work to replicate the msgs from Twitter, etc.   Once you left, it was forgotten.

Under the MPWG, we have a budget that allows the WG to allocate a social-media infra budget to operate efficiently.
This week, with other MicroProfilers, we are onboarding all MP social media to HootSuite to enable future MP social media communications to go out at once in all the project's active channels.

You can laugh and remember my dislike for FB. Only today, I gained access to the MP FB page, which lead to the ticket below with findings and the follow-ups.  😇

The same process is happening also for Linkedin:

Please stay safe and healthy. Thank you for being that very wonderful to send such an awesome note, Cesar!

Abrazos, 🤗