Black plastic Case for MFM Emulator/Reader

Convergent MightyFrame

Dec 19, 2020, 6:37:28 PM12/19/20
to MFM Discuss
Sorry if I've missed this elsewhere, as I've been out of the loop for a few years before now.

Where might Dr. Scott Baker have sourced this nifty black case mount that he shows at this moment in his video here?

If these are easy to source, I might want to get a few myself.

Thanks David & All!

Best,
AJ

David Gesswein

Dec 19, 2020, 7:58:29 PM12/19/20
to mfm-d...@googlegroups.com
Probably this design. Don't know if he printed it himself or used a service.
https://www.tinkercad.com/things/jyJKwAHQhLh
https://groups.google.com/g/mfm-discuss/c/SAKyljKaqsw/m/qpUCfS7rCQAJ
Like all modern sites they seem to have improved it to the point the search
won't find it.

With the caps on the bottom my understanding is it won't work exactly. I think
someone said you need to remove some plastic. It was made when I used different
caps. I can't tell if they will stick down below the mount.

I assume you can ask him.

Anybody following the list have experiance with a mount that works with the
current shorter caps standing on the bottom of the board?

Mike Riccio

Dec 19, 2020, 8:41:49 PM12/19/20
to mfm-d...@googlegroups.com
I used the no faceplate version. I had to snip one crossbar because of the caps but it is still structurally sound and works for me.

-Mike

> On Dec 19, 2020, at 4:58 PM, David Gesswein <d...@pdp8online.com> wrote:
>
> Probably this design. Don't know if he printed it himself or used a service.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mfm-discuss/20201220005828.GA3672463%40hugin3.

Tim Radde

Jul 21, 2021, 9:26:35 PM7/21/21
to MFM Discuss
Just found this discussion.  Downloaded both files to try each.  Probably will use the non-faceplate.  If someone else needs one printed I'd be
glad to.