Extra shell commands during bare metal provisioning

Ruben Maldonado

Jun 18, 2021, 3:09:42 AM6/18/21
to Metal3 Development List
Hello,

I need help with a configuration setting. How can I include a bash script which would  execute during bare metal provision? It's a set of commands which includes partition sizing and regenerating initramfs so these commands need to execute before first boot.

Is there a variable to  define a path for the bash script or can I include the commands as extra arguments somewhere? Would I have to edit the ironic.conf file?

Thanks

Dmitry Tantsur

Jun 28, 2021, 10:26:06 AM6/28/21
to Ruben Maldonado, Metal3 Development List
Hi,

There is no out-of-box functionality for that. Your best option is to create a custom agent image and add custom deploy steps, similarly to what I describe in https://owlet.today/posts/deploy-steps-tutorial/

Dmitry

Red Hat GmbH, https://de.redhat.com/ , Registered seat: Grasbrunn,
Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Brian Klemm, Laurie Krebs, Michael O'Neill