K8s Dashboard

farid adrangi

May 3, 2021, 4:13:06 PM5/3/21
to Metal3 Development List
Hello all,
Is there a way to see the operation status of Metal3 for both baremetal and K8s cluster provisioning on K8s dashboard, or some sort of UI?
thanks,
Farid

farid adrangi

May 4, 2021, 7:02:40 PM5/4/21
to Noor Muhammad Malik, Metal3 Development List
Thanks Noor for your reply.
A few things::
1. We have installed metal3 on K8s (not with minikube) and got it working for baremetal OS provisioning.
2. Where do we get the K8s dashboard plugin for metal3?
3. As you also posed the question, what are the configuration steps to enable this?
Thanks,
Farid

On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 4:25 PM Noor Muhammad Malik <noor.m...@xflowresearch.com> wrote:
Just thinking out loud, since the management cluster is based on minikube, you should be able to enable the dashboard plugin and use it. Unless I'm mistaken? Do we require any additional configurations for this to be enabled?

Warm regards,

Noor Muhammad Malik
Assistant Manager
xFlow Research Inc.

Feruzjon Muyassarov

May 4, 2021, 8:09:27 PM5/4/21
to farid adrangi, Noor Muhammad Malik, Metal3 Development List
Hi,

AFAIK, there is no Metal3 specific UI. All the controllers are running as pod.
If you have a K8S dashboard enabled, then you should be able to see what's
happening with Metal3 pods (i.e. controllers) from the UI.

Best regards,
Feruzjon Muyassarov

May 5, 2021, 1:04:04 AM5/5/21
to Feruzjon Muyassarov, farid adrangi, Noor Muhammad Malik, Metal3 Development List
I believe the OpenShift Web Console running on OKD provides some insight into the operational status of Metal3 in its Cluster Overview page, and supports some Bare Metal management capabilities as well (add host, power operations, etc.).