Moving from source branch to master

feruzjon....@est.tech

May 3, 2021, 7:35:07 AM5/3/21
to Metal3 Development List
Hello,

We would like to stop using source branch in https://github.com/metal3-io/metal3-io.github.io repository and only rely on master branch. Currently, everything is pushed to source branch and then gets published from master. However, as part of moving to GHA (GitHub Actions), we can use only master branch, and there is no need for the source branch anymore.

What does it mean for maintainers ?
Source branch will be deleted/removed to be default, and instead master branch will be the
default branch.

What does it mean for contributors ?
You will need to push commits to master

Let me know if you have any objections on this.

Thanks,
Feruz

Zane Bitter

May 3, 2021, 10:08:13 AM5/3/21
to metal...@googlegroups.com
On 3/05/21 7:35 am, feruzjon....@est.tech wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We would like to stop using source branch
> in https://github.com/metal3-io/metal3-io.github.io repository and only
> rely on master branch. Currently, everything is pushed to source branch
> and then gets published from master. However, as part of moving to GHA
> (GitHub Actions), we can use only master branch, and there is no need
> for the source branch anymore.
>
> *What does it mean for maintainers ?
> *Source branch will be deleted/removed to be default, and instead master
> branch will be the
> default branch.

If we have to do this anyway, can we rename it to "main" instead?

> *What does it mean for contributors ?
> *You will need to push commits to master
>
> Let me know if you have any objections on this.
>
> Thanks,
> Feruz

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/metal3-dev/97324026-0145-4e2c-a64c-65b368a2e96cn%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/metal3-dev/97324026-0145-4e2c-a64c-65b368a2e96cn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.