Force a git clone instead of download a zipball?

Paul DeBruicker

Aug 28, 2021, 12:16:37 PM8/28/21
to Metacello
Hi -

For some reason on Pharo7/8/9 64bit on macos the ZipArchive class is throwing an error decompressing the github generated zipball for this repo

The downloaded zip file decompresses fine on the command line.

Is there a way to compel Metacello to just do a "git clone" of the repository rather than download & extract the zip?

Alternately I could use LibC>>#runCommand: to do the extraction of the zip file I guess.

Thanks

Dale Henrichs

Aug 28, 2021, 4:07:07 PM8/28/21
to meta...@googlegroups.com, Metacello
The short answer is no Metacello does not support cloning ... In Pharo, Iceberg does do cloning and I believe that the Pharo fork of Metacello has built in support for Iceberg, but I'm not sure how far back that support goes ... so if ZipArchive isn't working LibC>>#runCommandL is probably your best option ...
Dale