Misaligned canvas guidelines?

MJW

Oct 4, 2019, 12:45:21 PM10/4/19
to Mergely
Hey folks,

I'm having a little problem with the canvas guidelines, that map changes between the two sides.

See the attached for an example.  This shows a diff on line 70, but the guidelines are misaligned an are showing around line 76/77 instead.

Scrolling the editors makes no difference -- the guidelines are always misaligned by the same amount.

The only thing that seems to rectify it is toggling line-wrapping off and on again.   (Whilst line-wrapping is toggled off, there are NO guidelines drawn in the canvas, which also seems a little odd.)

Any ideas?  I'm 85% sure this was working just fine earlier, so it's almost certainly something I've broken when messing around with CSS elsewhere on my page.

Cheers,
Michael.
Screenshot 2019-10-04 at 17.32.08.png

Jamie Peabody

Oct 4, 2019, 12:54:12 PM10/4/19
to MJW, Mergely
Hi Michael, Mergely is very sensitive to alignment.  It calculates page height and line height and then renders everything based on that.  If size changes after that is calculated, then you're going to see things like that.  Ensure that dimensions are stable before initializing Mergely.