Filters in de cloud en de desktopversie.

Sim Van Erwegen

Mar 25, 2020, 6:35:34 AM3/25/20
to mementodatabase
Hoi iedereen,

Ik gebruik al jaren Memento op Android. De beste DB die er is.
Verschillende verzamelingen heb ik in de cloud gezet en zijn ook actief op mijn Android phone.
Heel recent heb ik de desktop versie geïnstalleerd in Ubuntu en enkele verzamelingen in de cloud geopend zodat ze lokaal op mijn PC staan.
Hoe komt het dat de filters die in de Android versie gemaakt zijn niet aanwezig zijn in de desktop versie?
Is er een mogelijkheid om die filters alsnog in de desktop versie te krijgen of te importeren?
Nu dien ik de filters manueel opnieuw aan te maken in de desktop versie en in sommige verzamelingen zijn die behoorlijk talrijk (20 tot 30).
Alvast bedankt als iemand hierop een antwoord heeft.
Fijne dag nog en vriendelijke groeten.

Jo Be

Mar 25, 2020, 6:46:28 AM3/25/20
to Sim Van Erwegen, mementodatabase
I am very sorry but i cannot understand your lenguage.
May be in english or some french?
Any way, thank you for your interest!

Regards

Mar 25, 2020, 6:55:42 AM3/25/20
to mementodatabase
Dutch to English... (I do not use desktop so cannot help - sorry)

Hi everyone,

I have been using Memento on Android for years. The best DB there is.
I have put various collections in the cloud and are also active on my Android phone.
Very recently I installed the desktop version in Ubuntu and opened some collections in the cloud so that they are locally on my PC.
How come the filters made in the Android version are not present in the desktop version?
Is there a possibility to get or import those filters in the desktop version?
Now I have to manually recreate the filters in the desktop version and in some collections they are quite numerous (20 to 30).
Thanks in advance if anyone has an answer to this.
Have a nice day and best regards.

Sim Van Erwegen

Mar 25, 2020, 9:38:04 AM3/25/20
to Jo Be, mementodatabase
Hi Jo,

Below you will find again the translation that Stephen Johnson has provided.

TRANSLATION:

Sim Van Erwegen

Op 25/03/20 om 11:46 schreef Jo Be:
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "mementodatabase" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mementodatabase/DB7PR01MB5290ED67753B4DBDB3BA6C28A7CE0%40DB7PR01MB5290.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com.

Bill Crews

Mar 25, 2020, 12:49:12 PM3/25/20
to Sim Van Erwegen, Jo Be, mementodatabase
I use Google mail (gmail) on a Windows laptop, and for me, there is a line just above your message that reads "Dutch  English  Translate message". I just clicked once on Translate message, and your message was translated for me -- not quite as eloquently as Stephen's, but quite understandable for me. If I had been smart and clicked on Dutch, I would have gotten the same thing. I recommend it. I bet the gmail app works the same on all the "desktop" (laptop) platforms. I recommend it. For mobile, I also use the (Android) gmail app, and there it still requires only that I highlight the message first and then tap translate. It's not as smart, so it thought it was German, and the translation was very partial. So, one more tap, a scrolling to pick Dutch, and then one last tap, and I had the same better translation that Stephen provided. (Maybe that's how he did it, too.)

So, one Google translation is not the same as another one, but both were workable. And either one is pretty painless.

Stephen Johnson

Mar 25, 2020, 3:14:11 PM3/25/20
to mementodatabase
Just to let to you all know, translation was easy on Google. I simply entered "translate to English" in the search field, and then a two-window screen appears. Paste the text to be translated into the top window. The English text appears in the bottom window. Voila!

Gilles Mons

Mar 25, 2020, 5:22:58 PM3/25/20
to Stephen Johnson, mementodatabase
Bonjour,

Je ne trouve pas vos bases sur le cloud....

À quel nom et dans quel catégorie sont elles ?

Merci

Hello,

I can't find your basics in the cloud ....

What name and in what category are they?

Thank you

Gilles Mons

Le mer. 25 mars 2020 à 20:14, Stephen Johnson <grampa...@gmail.com> a écrit :
Just to let to you all know, translation was easy on Google. I simply entered "translate to English" in the search field, and then a two-window screen appears. Paste the text to be translated into the top window. The English text appears in the bottom window. Voila!

Sim Van Erwegen

Mar 27, 2020, 6:54:24 AM3/27/20
to mementodatabase
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your reactions.
I now know (thanks to Ernst Moser) that the PC and the desktop version of Memento are different programs that access the same databases.
So, in both programs I need to make the filters unless something will change in the future.
So with this knowledge, I think the discussion can be closed.
Have a nice day, evening or morning all of you and take care.

Kind regards,
Sim Van Erwegen