S.A. 2.5 surface profile

Jasim Ahmed

Aug 18, 2015, 3:04:06 AM8/18/15
to Materials & Welding
Dear experts,

I badly need to know - is it possible to create S.A. 2.5 surface profile for joint wrapping without sand blasting?

Lakshman

Aug 18, 2015, 10:15:20 AM8/18/15
to material...@googlegroups.com
HI, the word SA denotes for blast cleaning,
Further details of 2.5grade, achieving profile, for which application will all come at later on...

Lakshman kumar.B
Project manager.
9440031459

I badly need to know - is it possible to create S.A. 2.5 surface profile for joint wrapping without sand blasting?

Alan Denney

Aug 18, 2015, 11:35:30 AM8/18/15
to material...@googlegroups.com

I badly need to know - is it possible to create S.A. 2.5 surface profile for joint wrapping without sand blasting?

For more info visit www.bullguard.com

Bijay

Aug 18, 2015, 11:55:40 PM8/18/15
to materials-welding@googlegroups com
Do you want only without sand blasting or without any type of blasting. Now a days sand blasting is rarely used bcoz of its environmental issues. If you want you can blast with copper slag or iron grit.
But it is not possible without blasting.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

From:"Jasim Ahmed" <jasim....@gmail.com>
Date:Tue, 18 Aug, 2015 at 12:34 pm

Jayesh Panchal

Aug 19, 2015, 1:21:46 AM8/19/15
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Jasmin,

Alternatively we can do surface roughness by power brush.
You can try on sample surface & compare with comparator.
If it is found nearer  to sa 2.5, then get approval from client.

Jayesh Panchal

Kalim Sheikh

Aug 19, 2015, 1:22:03 AM8/19/15
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Jasim,

SA 2.5 is a degree of cleanniness as per  ISO 8501-1.This much of cleanniness is sometimes required for joint wrapping.Yes you can achieve SA2.5 through sand blasting but this is banned all across world.
Surface anchor profile is different thing which is measured in either microns or in mills and Not required for joint wrapping.

Regards,
Kalimullah

On Tuesday, August 18, 2015, Jasim Ahmed <jasim....@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear experts,

I badly need to know - is it possible to create S.A. 2.5 surface profile for joint wrapping without sand blasting?

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Aug 19, 2015, 2:01:45 AM8/19/15
to materials-welding
only by grit/abrasive blasting, u will get 2.5

THANKS & BEST REGARDS,
KG.PANDITHAN, IWE,  AWS-CWI, CSWIP 3.1,
CONSULTANT-WELDING & QUALITY

Madhan S

Nov 22, 2015, 12:38:16 AM11/22/15
to Materials & Welding
You can also use bristle blaster machine to achieve SA 2.5 finish for weld joints, touch up and repair areas. But it is a slow process.

Check the attached document.
productsheet_bristle_blaster_p-033-en.pdf

Alan Denney

Nov 22, 2015, 3:45:48 AM11/22/15
to material...@googlegroups.com

Alan Denney

AKD Materials Consulting Ltd

Dec 29, 2015, 6:56:56 AM12/29/15
to Materials & Welding
Hello,
No. Without Sand/Grit blast it is not possible to achieve Sa 2.5 cleanliness grade. This grade is only obtained by blasting with various abrasives.

Thanks,
Kiran