PQR Qualification _welding electrode

RAJESH KUMAR

Oct 3, 2018, 10:14:43 PM10/3/18
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Team,

For our PQR qualification ( Done in 2018) to flux coared wire for carbon steel,we use the wire clasified SFA/AWS A5.20  E71T-1C/1M/9C9M.

Today we received from our supplier wire classified SFA A5.36 E 71 T-1C 1A2-CS1.

The classification is different,so we have to issue new PQR qualification required?

Thanks & Regards

Rajesh kumar
055-5251449
Sharjah

sandeep kumar

Oct 4, 2018, 12:46:46 AM10/4/18
to Materials & Welding
Thanks for sharing this interesting issue.

as per my understanding you dont need to qualify new PQR if both meet the CVN requirements. As we see we are inline with same F no, same A no. although different filler wire specification with change is supplementary designation.

As per QW 404.12 and 404.33, you can just issue a new WPS based on the PQR with new designation.

Hope it will help.

Thanks & regards
Sandeep Kumar

Babur Khan

Oct 4, 2018, 1:50:14 AM10/4/18
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr. Rajesh,
Please share service, Construcation and qualification code.

Regards,
Muhammad Babur Khan

Sent from my iPhone
--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

RAJESH KUMAR

Oct 6, 2018, 11:30:15 PM10/6/18
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr. Sandeep,

Thanks for your valuable advise.

Dear Mr.Muhammad Babur Khan

This is structural steel fabrication, construction code as per AWS D1.1 2015 Edition.

  Thanks...
  Rajesh

Rajnish Dixit

Oct 7, 2018, 6:04:39 AM10/7/18
to material...@googlegroups.com, sandeep kumar
Sandip Ji,
Agreed with you. Please not that even CVN requirements are also not to be checked/verified if these are not the requirement of job/service condition.

Thanks,
Warm Regards,

Rajnish Dixit

sandeep kumar

Oct 8, 2018, 2:04:55 AM10/8/18
to Materials & Welding
off course.

mithlesh kumar

Apr 3, 2023, 6:16:20 AM4/3/23
to Materials & Welding
Hi Sandeep Ji,

I expect some clarification from you related to AWS.
1. AWS D1.1- definition of Pre-qualification WPS.- It means we can write WPS without any PQR,  If we are in limit of para-3. Prequalification of WPSs
2. AWS D1.1 - base metal group is categories in 4, group steel-i,ii,iii, and iv.- If any material which is not match perfectly with given designation, is in that case it will be named as un-assigned material ? What is the purpose of giving Yield and UTS in table.
3. Is there any relation between AWS D1.1 and AWS B2.1 to select group no, also the group no. given in AWS B2.1 is same as steel group given in AWS D1.1.
4.AWS D1.6- reference for stainless steel base metal grouping .

Thanks a lot!

Student

May 22, 2023, 10:57:12 PM5/22/23
to Materials & Welding
Rajesh

No further qualification is required. Refer AWS A 5.36, it is mentioned there. This is relatively a new standard published by AWS.