Submerged Arc Welding Process Wire/Flux Classification

閲覧: 57 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Prashant

未読、
2024/04/04 5:51:454月4日
To: Materials & Welding
For SAW welding wire/flux classification as an sample for discussion

As per A 5.17 it is represented as F7P8-EH12K, this classification is given by the product manufacturer on the flux bag and is inline with the ASME Sec II Part C SFA 5.17
Where P is pwht and 8 is Minus 80 Deg F Impact test

I have a Procedure qualification which is Impact tested at Minus 50 Deg F, Qualified as per ASME Sec IX
as per QW 404.9
is it correct I write on my Procedure qualification record
F7P5-EH12K

Please advise above is correct,  if not I would like to understand more on this what should be written and clarification to increase knowledge

Kurniatullah Sirajudin

未読、
2024/04/06 6:15:454月6日
To: material...@googlegroups.com
Dear prashant

That is corect

When you will prepare PQR with impact test and SAW process for carbon steel, you should be check temperature and compare with table 7 of ASME sect. IIC part SFA A5.17

Hope this can answer your question

Salam
Kurniatullah,IWE

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Paidi

未読、
2024/04/09 9:29:444月9日
To: material...@googlegroups.com
Hello..

Below mail I Understand that Welding done with F7P8-EH12K and Impact test done @-50F and write PQR as F7P5-EH12K.

With reference to QW254 and 404.12 when impact testing applicable, Classification changes calls for requalification.

(Welded with higher grade (P8) filler wire combination. Writing lower grade (P5), hence production can be done with P5.

it is uncertain if welded with lower grade (P5) same combination of base metal, Impact test may not be compiling Impact value requirement )

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Thanks  & Best Regards,