API 582

K K

Jun 29, 2020, 10:51:43 AM6/29/20
to Materials & Welding
Dear Experts.

Can anyone suggest to according to API 582 as per TABLE - A1 has not recommended ER80S-Ni1 for AWS 5.28 GTAW process.

Please explain to me in detail the table - A1 API 582 and which electrode shall I use for the below-mentioned material.

PQR material - ASTM A333 Gr.6 to ASTM A350 LF2.

PQR Thickness - 12.7 mm.

Impact tested - -46°C

Thanks and regards,

Kiran

Nithin Joseph

Jun 29, 2020, 11:40:52 PM6/29/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
ASTM A333 Gr.6 to ASTM A350 LF2.

Both materials are 70 KSI grades, hence matching filler wire is ER 70S types. You can decide on designation after verifying with MTC, preferably ER 70S-3 or 6.

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Karthik

Jun 29, 2020, 11:41:14 PM6/29/20
to Materials & Welding
Hi,
You can use E7018-1 / ER70S-1B / ER70S-6

Inline image

Thanks& Regards,

(Karthik)

Karthikeyan.S

E-mail : karthi...@yahoo.com

Vanchinath S.A.

Jun 30, 2020, 5:09:57 AM6/30/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
ER 70S2 spl  wire is available meeting nace requirements and impact at minus 46 Deg C

K K

Jun 30, 2020, 5:09:57 AM6/30/20
to Materials & Welding
Thanks for your response.

Please explain to me why I can't use ER80S-Ni1 for AWS 5.28 GTAW process according to the table - A1 API 582.

Thanks

Kiran

On Monday, June 29, 2020, 09:51:39 PM GMT+7, K K <kara...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Experts.

Can anyone suggest to according to API 582 as per TABLE - A1 has not recommended ER80S-Ni1 for AWS 5.28 GTAW process.

Please explain to me in detail the table - A1 API 582 and which electrode shall I use for the below-mentioned material.

PQR material - ASTM A333 Gr.6 to ASTM A350 LF2.

PQR Thickness - 12.7 mm.

Impact tested - -46°C

Thanks and regards,

Kiran

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Karthik

Jun 30, 2020, 6:47:41 AM6/30/20
to Materials & Welding
Hi,
Since this is P.No.1,Low temperature material, why do you go for ER80S-Ni1 ? Its used for weathering steel and corrosion resistant applications. It can be used to weld SA350, LF5 (P.No.9A) which is 1.5Ni steel

SA350, LF2 and SA333 Gr.6 are C-Mn-Si steel (P.No.1), for this ER70S2 or ER70S-6 are fine. Electrode E7018-1

Thanks& Regards,

(Karthik)

Karthikeyan.S

E-mail : karthi...@yahoo.com

manish kulkarni

Jun 30, 2020, 11:12:18 PM6/30/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
ER 70 S2 and E 7018-1 do not give consistent impact at -46 Deg C . Many failures are reported.
For guaranteed impact at -46 deg C ER 80SNi 1 Can be used Sometimes there are restrictions in some services due to preferential weld corrosion problem.
Regards

GENE MATSKO

Jul 2, 2020, 12:05:41 AM7/2/20
to 'manish kulkarni' via Materials & Welding
E-7018-1 will give consistant impact properties if the test coupon is welded correctly. One must restrict any weaving and
maintain a fairly high travel speed to insure optimum impact results @ -46C

Gene Matsko

GENE MATSKO

Jul 2, 2020, 12:05:44 AM7/2/20
to 'manish kulkarni' via Materials & Welding
The test must be 'monitored' to insure optimum results. You must assure the welder follows the welding instructions
exactly. 1. No weaving. 2. High travel speed. 3. Let the coupon cool between layers.
Gene Matsko

Vishwas Keskar Welding Manager WELDING

Jul 13, 2020, 2:30:53 AM7/13/20
to Materials & Welding
ER70S-6 -  will  give you required values .

ER80S-Ni1 is not advised in   certain environments especially Sulphur or H2S due to  corrosion in presence of Ni, S, H2