WELDER QUALIFICATION

manikandan J

Aug 9, 2022, 11:39:36 PM8/9/22
to Materials & Welding
Dear All

   I have qualified welder in AWS D1.1, i have 2 WPS in aws d1.1 only changes the thickness limit but job thickness and process etc... is  acceptable limit the welder qualified, only changes is wps number. question is can i use the welder in second WPS as per AWS D1.1.

please give me a answer with reference from AWS D1.1

Regards,
saleem

Sham Shahabuddin -Welding Inspector, HANBO

Aug 10, 2022, 10:24:22 AM8/10/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr. Saleem

Please note that as far the essential variables of the welder are within the ranges of the second WPS, the welder is qualified to weld using the second or any number of WPS.

Please note for welder qualification actual essential variable and the qualified essential variables alone are mandatory in the Report and the WPS used for welding coupon is non mandatory as per my knowledge.

Regards
Sham Shahabuddin

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/