what is the difference between QAP and ITP

Pradip Ghosh

Jan 15, 2016, 8:50:02 PM1/15/16
to Materials & Welding

Can any one provide me a details explanation of difference between QAP and ITP.

Mohammed Ghani

Jan 16, 2016, 10:43:09 AM1/16/16
to material...@googlegroups.com

There is not much difference.

Both are assuring quality for the project before starting .

Different countries users use different terminology.

On 16 Jan 2016 04:49, "Pradip Ghosh" <prad...@gmail.com> wrote:

Can any one provide me a details explanation of difference between QAP and ITP.

Vino Varghese

Jan 16, 2016, 9:17:18 PM1/16/16
to material...@googlegroups.com

They are different terminology used in industry but the intent remains the same.   The basic purpose is to outline all the activities of manufacturing the product.

Regards,
Vino

On Jan 16, 2016 4:49 AM, "Pradip Ghosh" <prad...@gmail.com> wrote:

Can any one provide me a details explanation of difference between QAP and ITP.

george....@gr.bureauveritas.com

Jan 18, 2016, 7:12:49 AM1/18/16
to Mohammed Ghani
You are completely wrong. A QAP contains mainly managerial provisions and measures relevant to a project while an ITP contains only the inspections steps to follow during the manufacturing of an item

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Jan 18, 2016, 9:24:28 PM1/18/16
to material...@googlegroups.com

Mr. George Dilintas,

The one you are specifying as QAP is called in some industry as PQP and that is the Project Quality Plan.

I don't think that such terminology are defined in any Construction Code, but possibly in ISO 9001 Standard.

Regards
Vino, Doha

Kadir godil

Jan 18, 2016, 11:01:17 PM1/18/16
to material...@googlegroups.com
ITP is given by customer which covers only main inspection calls e.g. full component after welding UT of only some joints, final machining dimensions and after assembly inpection whereas QAP is made by the manufacturer which covers all the stage wise inspection..

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 4:14 PM, Pradip Ghosh <prad...@gmail.com> wrote:

Can any one provide me a details explanation of difference between QAP and ITP.

Lakshman

Jan 19, 2016, 12:41:20 AM1/19/16
to material...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

ITP – Inspection test plan includes tests, its acceptance tolerance, type of instruments used, its accuracy etc –

Ex –

Pipe thickness – ultrasonic method, XXX instrument, nominal thickness 10mm, acceptable “-0mm +1.6mm” etc, frequency each pipe measured from outside, at 6 locations, procedure for testing – as per Doc # - XXXXX

ITP is a in house document of a manufacturer. (in some complicated cases, and close tolerance requirement cases clients asks for ITP also)

In ITP manufacturing process also defines, but where as in QAP it is not required.

Whereas QAP means it’s a quality plan and broad details will be their…

Ex- Pipe,

Thickness, Dia, Length

Frequency – each pipe

Acceptance norms – Client spec / ASTM code / Project spec / approved drawing etc

Client witness / TPI witness etc

QAp is a client approval document.

Thanks & Regards,

Lakshman Kumar B,

+91 9440031459.

Jan 19, 2016, 8:26:57 AM1/19/16
to materials-welding
go with Mr George Lintas

THANKS & BEST REGARDS,
KG.PANDITHAN, IWE,  AWS-CWI, CSWIP 3.1,
CONSULTANT-WELDING & QUALITY

MADHUSOODHANAN NAIR .G

Jan 19, 2016, 8:27:33 AM1/19/16
to material...@googlegroups.com

Dear Sirs

   QAP :- Usually describes  how will you manage the Quality System

Eg:

1.       Project Management strategy

2.       Applicable documents

3.       Management system & Responsibility

4.       Project execution

5.       QA/QC

6.       Marketing, design, Procurement ,Production, store

7.       Resource management

8.        Product realization

9.       Measurement analysis &improvement

10.   HR & logistics

11.   Project Organogram

ITP:-solely related  to QA/QC this will describe all the various stages of inspection and testing from start to finish requirements of a product.

     Generally this will include monitoring, Review, witness and hold points   listed for all relevant parties and this is approved prior to commencement

Regards

M.S Nair.G

Hareesh K V

Jan 20, 2016, 4:43:47 AM1/20/16
to materials-welding

Dear all,

QAP says "who will do, what will be done by whom etc" mainly designation and job responsibilities.

ITP says "how much to be done, when to be done, what record to be made etc" mainly work related activities, their controlling documents and inspection frequencies.

Regards,

Hareesh K V
+8547859202

george....@gr.bureauveritas.com

Jan 29, 2016, 5:05:00 AM1/29/16
to material...@googlegroups.com

Do not stick to definitions and abreviations.
Focus to the point...

best regards

Dr. Georgios Dilintas

Authorized Nuclear Inspector
Authorized Inspector Supervisor

I&F REGIONAL TECHNICAL MANAGER
BUREAU VERITAS HELLAS A.E  - PIRAEUS  GREECE

Tel: +30 210 40 63 113 /4 /5
Fax: +30 210 40 63 118
Cell: +30 69 44 64 62 04

Inactive hide details for Kannayeram Gnanapandithan ---19/01/2016 15:27:10---go with Mr George Lintas THANKS & BEST REGARDS,Kannayeram Gnanapandithan ---19/01/2016 15:27:10---go with Mr George Lintas THANKS & BEST REGARDS,