Welder Engagement

Manikandan J

Aug 15, 2022, 10:12:29 AM8/15/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

We have two different named companies under single ownership.

(We can take company name X & Y)
We have around 20 welders in one company (Company Name X). can i use these 20 welders to another company (Company Y) as per AWS D1.1 .

Best Regards,
Manikandan

Hany Nabil

Aug 15, 2022, 11:18:06 PM8/15/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Manikandan,
As per AWS D1.1 can use these welders to another company- but depending on your ownership rules

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

 Best Regards,

 Eng. Hany Nabil
 Senior QA / QC Welding Engineer
 Egypt Mobile: 002-01225622022

This message, including any attachments, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, or authorised to receive information on behalf of the recipient, please contact the sender by reply email, and delete all copies of this message. While we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure that this message and any attachments are free from viruses, we cannot guarantee that they are virus free and accept no liability for any damage caused by this message or any attachments. Messages sent or received through our networks may be monitored to ensure compliance with the law, regulation and/or our policies.

Manikandan J

Aug 16, 2022, 12:04:21 AM8/16/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir,

Noted .Please mention Clause Reference in AWS D1.1.

Regards,
Manikandan

Mohd Siraj

Sep 1, 2022, 2:29:37 AM9/1/22
to Materials & Welding
1. if X is the subcontractor of Y, and working on the same project, yes u can use it by transferring their credential and printing the new certificate of company Y.

2. if both are independent and still working on the same project, yes under client approval under client spec you can transfer without test and print a new certificate of company Y.

3. if both are independent and working separately in town/city., you need to test and certify.