PWHT requirement _ASME B31.8

Manikandan J

Oct 24, 2022, 11:51:03 PM10/24/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Experts,

We have a Weld joint between Pipe to Hub as per sketch.

Run Pipe Thickness : 25.4 + 3 mm Cladding
Hub Thickness         : 31.8 + 3 mm Cladding
Job Type : Weld joint in Piping
Code  : ASME B31.8-2020 Edn
image.png

Question 1 : For PWHT whether we need to consider Run pipe Thickness or Hub Thickness?.

Question 2 : If Run Pipe is considered for PWHT whether it includes Cladding Thk also?

Question 2 : If Hub is considered for PWHT whether it includes Cladding Thk also ?

Need your Views on this.

Regards,
Manikandan

james gerald

Oct 25, 2022, 11:29:13 PM10/25/22
to material...@googlegroups.com

Thanks & Regards

J.Gerald Jayakumar

0091-8838619635

On Tuesday, 25 October, 2022 at 07:50:57 am GMT+4, Manikandan J <mechm...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Experts,

We have a Weld joint between Pipe to Hub as per sketch.

Run Pipe Thickness : 25.4 + 3 mm Cladding
Hub Thickness         : 31.8 + 3 mm Cladding
Job Type : Weld joint in Piping
Code  : ASME B31.8-2020 Edn
image.png

Question 1 : For PWHT whether we need to consider Run pipe Thickness or Hub Thickness?. For set-in (Stub-in) connection, thickness of run Pipe and for set-on (Stub-on) connections, thickness of Header

Question 2 : If Run Pipe is considered for PWHT whether it includes Cladding Thk also? No

Question 2 : If Hub is considered for PWHT whether it includes Cladding Thk also ? No

Need your Views on this.

Regards,
Manikandan

--