PQR mentioning position 3G and our WPS stated 1G

Zulfan

Nov 11, 2010, 4:35:01 AM11/11/10
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

please advice in our PQR mentioning position 3G and our WPS stated 1G
is the WPS able to apply or need to run again PQR again?
code ASME sec IX

Thank
zul

muthu barathi

Nov 11, 2010, 10:15:43 AM11/11/10
to material...@googlegroups.com

hi

by using existing pqr u can prepare wps when the material is same, not nececessary to make a fresh pqr

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 20:16:59 +0530 wrote

The views expressed/exchnaged in this group are members personel views and meant for educational purposes only, Users must take their own decisions w.r.t. applicable code/standard/contract documents.

Dear Sir,

Thanking You,

Honesty is the best Policy

With Warm Regards,

Muthu Barathi P
Mobile No:00962788269821 (Jordan)
00962775401951

siva chidambaram

Nov 11, 2010, 11:38:19 AM11/11/10
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear zul,

As per ASME sec. IX, The addition of position is a non essential variable, also change in position is supplementary variable. If your PQR doesn't have impact test, you may use the same WPS, You need not to go for a new PQR.

Hope you understand the summary.

M.Sivachidambaram
+919597165173

pavainathan

Nov 11, 2010, 2:30:48 PM11/11/10
to Materials & Welding
Zul,
Position of welding is not a Essential variable for Procedure
qualification ie you can use the WPS for any position .in case of
welders qualification it is essential variable.
Your WPS can be used for 1G with the PQR qualified in 3G.
In general practice the welder who welds PQR test piece is also
qualified hence we are qualifying in 6G position to enable welder
qualification in parallel with PQR
regards,
vaithiyanathan

Fernando Alvarez

Nov 13, 2010, 3:57:33 AM11/13/10
to material...@googlegroups.com
The WPS shall show flat, horinzontal, vertical. 1G, 2G, 3G ... are references for the PQR only

2010/11/11 Zulfan <zul...@insing.com>

israr

Nov 16, 2010, 2:27:05 AM11/16/10
to Materials & Welding
Dear,
You just delete position 1 g from wps and write All,
As per ASME Section IX if WPS is qualified in any one position of 1G
to 6G it is qualify for all the position.
Then u can attached nos of PQR with dirrent position following the
same WPS.

Regards
Israr Ahmed
Tata Projects Ltd.India
+919930308261

Mohammed Zakeruddin

Oct 20, 2014, 12:32:41 AM10/20/14
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,
Kindly advise,

1G Qualificaiton is mentioned on WPS & PQR and if we want to qualify the welder on 6G position, do we need to prepare new WPS and PQR or only PQR and WPS (1G) be the same....

Khan....

george....@gr.bureauveritas.com

Oct 20, 2014, 7:29:28 AM10/20/14
to material...@googlegroups.com

If your Code is ASME and if your project specifications do not include any additional requirements, then you may proceed as follows:
Position is not an essential variable for WPS qualification, so you do not need a new PQR.
You draft a new WPS based on the essential variables of the existing PQR and you include also the position 6G.
Then you can qualify the welder

    best regards

    Dr. Georgios Dilintas

    Authorized Nuclear Inspector
    Authorized Inspector Supervisor

    I&F REGIONAL TECHNICAL MANAGER
    BUREAU VERITAS HELLAS

    Tel: +30 210 40 63 113/4
    Fax: +30 210 40 63 118
    Cell: +30 69 44 64 62 04
    (See attached file: Dilintas_George.vcf)

Inactive hide details for Mohammed Zakeruddin ---20/10/2014 08:40:47---Dear All, Kindly advise,Mohammed Zakeruddin ---20/10/2014 08:40:47---Dear All, Kindly advise,

The views expressed/exchnaged in this group are members personel views and meant for educational purposes only, Users must take their own decisions w.r.t. applicable code/standard/contract documents.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Materials & Welding" group.
materials-weld...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

This message contains confidential information. To know more, please click on the following link: http://disclaimer.bureauveritas.com

Dilintas_George.vcf

Rash

Feb 28, 2020, 1:15:22 AM2/28/20
to Materials & Welding
IF position not an essential variables, why need to change WPS  1G and add 6G position?

понедельник, 20 октября 2014 г., 16:29:28 UTC+5 пользователь dili...@gmail.com написал:

[...]

For more options, visit this group's bolg at

The views expressed/exchnaged in this group are members personel views and meant for educational purposes only, Users must take their own decisions w.r.t. applicable code/standard/contract documents.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Materials & Welding" group.
For more options, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

james gerald

Feb 28, 2020, 1:43:24 AM2/28/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
WPS is basically a Base line document used by the Welder and Welding Supervisor which need to be Approved by the Client.

Client will check with the PQR (submitted by you to client) and verify the Applicable code to approve the WPS which will be used by the welder cross-checked by Welding Inspector.

Hence revisions to be made in the WPS according to your shop floor requirement.

Thanks & Regards

J.Gerald Jayakumar

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Materials & Welding" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/materials-welding/aeef7d9d-e9b6-40ec-9f0b-d98e790ee499%40googlegroups.com.

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

harenath jha

Karthik

Feb 29, 2020, 4:26:59 AM2/29/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
You can specify in the Position column as "ALL POSITION"

Thanks& Regards,

(Karthik)

Karthikeyan.S

E-mail : karthi...@yahoo.com

On Saturday, February 29, 2020, 02:51:59 PM GMT+7, Karthik <karth...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Sorry, last mail specified as QG-101. It should be QW-101.
Hi,
WPS must address all Essential and Non-Essential Variables used in production welding as per QW-101. Even though position is an Non Essential variable, you must address the position you are going to use in the production welding. Simply you can specify 6G. So you can use this WPS for all position welding.

Inline image

Thanks& Regards,

(Karthik)

Karthikeyan.S

E-mail : karthi...@yahoo.com

On Saturday, February 29, 2020, 02:49:33 PM GMT+7, Karthik <karth...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,
WPS must address all Essential and Non-Essential Variables used in production welding as per QG-101. Even though position is an Non Essential variable, you must address the position you are going to use in the production welding. Simply you can specify 6G. So you can use this WPS for all position welding.

Inline image

Thanks& Regards,

(Karthik)

Karthikeyan.S

E-mail : karthi...@yahoo.com

mohammed rafi

Feb 29, 2020, 11:36:44 AM2/29/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,

Please advice about joint number allocation in tank welding and format about daily welding report for tank. Especially for horizontal joints

Thanks

Charles Jacob

Feb 29, 2020, 11:36:45 AM2/29/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

As mentioned here, for a PQR which was done on 3G position, according to code, wps can be used in all 4 Welding position (flat, horizontal, Vertical, overhead). However there are other implied requirements like welding position capabilities for electrode which varies from one manufacturer to another.

 So, the code requirement is valid only if electrode has all positions capability.

Regards,

Charles V Jacob

José Juan Jiménez Alejandro

Feb 29, 2020, 10:57:10 PM2/29/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
PQR mentions the 3G position and our WPS declared 1G:
If we are working with ASME IX, I think that from the beginning there was ignorance of the Code, if your PQR mentions 3G, your WPS would have written it (if that wording was on your own) to fulfill all the positions, for example 6G If you are using it for pipes, at that time you could rate your welders in the position that the needs of your project require.
Remember, there are essential variables for the PQR and WPS and others for welders, but I suggest you review and study the Code carefully and do not wait for your questions to be resolved in a forum.

--

Ing. José Juan Jiménez Alejandro

Independent Consultant in Parts

and Pressure Equipment

SSI-TPI

Móvil +52 1 812 352 4606

Skype: jjjimeneza

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Mar 2, 2020, 2:02:16 AM3/2/20
to materials-welding
Code shall give guidelines but we have to decide good Engineering practice. Example. Electrode positional capacity- qualification code shall not give solutions, we have to decide . Let us not confuse ourselves. Thanks.

james gerald

Mar 3, 2020, 12:07:09 AM3/3/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
Normally we use GTAW welding and for which there is no positional limitation.

For SMAW welding it may be E6013 for structural application or E7018 for pressure part. See below portion from ASME Sec.IIC as these electrodes are suitable for all position.

Inline image

I Thik is matter is not going to end. If you want to learn get the good things.

Thanks & Regards

J.Gerald Jayakumar

james gerald

Mar 3, 2020, 12:07:09 AM3/3/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
Just to add, please find below SS position applicability.

Inline image
-26 is restricted by most specifications as alloying additions through Flux coating using a mild steel core wire

Thanks & Regards

J.Gerald Jayakumar