About GMAW , metal transfer technique recognition

Prasad Rode

Feb 19, 2017, 11:40:13 PM2/19/17
to Materials & Welding
Dear sir,

All of we know that in GMAW process, there are three metal transfer techniques.
1) spray transfer.
2) globular transfer
3) short circuiting.

We know that, as per different temperature, voltage and with different shielding gases also, different technique generated.
But, on site and in practicality, how we come to know that welder is using which type of technique.

Regards
Prasad

cap1a

Feb 20, 2017, 1:05:13 AM2/20/17
to Materials & Welding

Referring to PQR & PQT, it is defined whether it is spray transfer / globular transfer / short circuiting as per different welding condition(ex., current,) and qualified. In filed, following up one of the three conditions given in WPS which is based on PQR & PQT can target one of the three techniques as you want.

2017년 2월 20일 월요일 오전 8시 40분 13초 UTC+4, Prasad Rode 님의 말:

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Feb 20, 2017, 4:58:40 AM2/20/17
to materials-welding
Arc Voltage less than 21v  is a short circuit/Dip transfer mode

THANKS & BEST REGARDS,
KG.PANDITHAN, IWE,  AWS-CWI, CSWIP 3.1,
CONSULTANT-WELDING & QUALITY
Mobile no: +919940739349

Boxbe This message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (puro...@gmail.com) Add cleanup rule | More info

--
http://www.linkedin.com/groups/MaterialsWelding-122787?home=&gid=122787&trk=anet_ug_hm
The views expressed/exchnaged in this group are members personel views and meant for educational purposes only, Users must take their own decisions w.r.t. applicable code/standard/contract documents.

George Dilintas

Feb 22, 2017, 10:39:25 PM2/22/17
to Meghanadh K
 Only using an oscillograph you can ind out if you are in the short-circuit transfer mode. Check those links:
As a "general rule"
Typical A range: 30-200 A
Typical V range: 16-22V
wire diameter: below 1,2 mm
Heat input low, risk of lack of fusion

Ho                  The above is only indicative. Only the oscillograph can tell you the trough

Dr. Georgios Dilintas,
Dipl. Ing. In Aeronautic and Space Engineering
Ph.D in Mechanics of Solids - Computational Mechanics
A.I.S, A.N.I, IRCA Lead Auditor
Welding, Stress Analysis, Corrosion, QA/QC, Failure Analysis, Risk Analysis