Radiography on Bronze casting material

SURESH

Mar 27, 2021, 5:39:22 AM3/27/21
to Materials & Welding
Dear Experts
Need opinion on radiography source selection for bronze casted raw material sleeve of size  OD 400mm X ID 364mmn X Length-446mm.

Grade CuSn12Ni2-CG (DIN EN 1982)

What are factor need to consider for the radiography testing on this material. What is the sensitivity of the same?

Regards
Suresh

Dhanabal Jalachandran

Mar 28, 2021, 8:33:38 AM3/28/21
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Expert,

Find the below chemical composition values as per PMI, unfortunately we do not have any Test certificate and traceability. Can you please provide an update.

Carbon Steel
Fe 97.8%
Ti 0.85%
Co 0.62%
Mn 0.50%
Zn 0.17%
Cr 0.06%

Thanks in advance
--
Regards
Dhanabal Jalachandran

Vishwas Keskar

Mar 29, 2021, 6:55:23 AM3/29/21
to material...@googlegroups.com
Do chemical analysis _ Spectro or weight ana

PMI is not right method.

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Rajnish Dixit

Mar 30, 2021, 7:02:08 AM3/30/21
to material...@googlegroups.com
If you have neither any idea about pipe's material specification nor the material test certificate, it is not advisable to confirm the same with merely PMI or chemical testing. Please avoid this material to use as pressure part in your job.

Thanks,
Best Regards,

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Dhanabal Jalachandran

Mar 30, 2021, 11:14:02 PM3/30/21
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Rajnish,

Its not our in-house materials, this is the existing material used in Loading Arm. Client wants us to replace it with same one. they just provided the PMI on XRF method, however we have requested for OES and a sample for chemical analysis to look further.

Thanks for your support

Best Regards
Dhana

--