About humidity.

Minhas Arshad

Aug 21, 2019, 11:54:17 PM8/21/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Experts,

I would like to ask from experts, how much himidity and dew point is allow for sand blasting Sa 2.5 in cloudy condition?

vinod kumar

Aug 23, 2019, 12:18:58 AM8/23/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr. Arshad,
generally when RH is more than 85%, blast cleaning activities are not recommended.
Substrate temperature shall be at least 3 deg C above the Dew point temperature.

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Thanks and Best regards

M. Vinod Kumar

"Never Explain yourself to any one Because the person who likes you doesn`t need it, and the person who dislikes you won`t believe it."

Minhas Arshad

Aug 23, 2019, 4:25:16 AM8/23/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr. Vinod,
Can you please confirm the reference about humidity and dew point temperature for sandblasting Sa2. 5.

Regards
Minhas Arshad

Dhanabal Jalachandran

Aug 26, 2019, 6:23:06 AM8/26/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr. Arshad,

Be specific, as humidity values changes according to the Paint System. Refer the Paint Manufacturer data Sheet for exact values as Zinc Silicate has a different mininum humidity requirement and Epoxy has a different.

Hope your query is solved.

Thanks
Dhanabal Jalachandran

Chaitanya Purohit

Aug 29, 2019, 12:01:35 AM8/29/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

Pl note that, "SAND" is now prohibited in almost all around the world for blasting.

We shall not used this term.

"Blasting" is enough to understand and communicate.

Some answers I saw given " it depends on Painting scheme" but the question was regarding Blasting not painting.

For blasting RH shall be 60 or below.

Regards.