welding techniques on pipe spools-reg

Siva Chidambaram

Feb 22, 2015, 2:11:06 AM2/22/15
to material...@googlegroups.com
Hi friends,

I need some welding techniques for the below issue.
we have pipe spools of 1"& 3/4" with pipe to valves.
Can any body suggest me, how to prepare for welding with pipe to valve.
All joints are socket welds.
1. whether I have to keep the valve in open or closed condition?
2. whether I have to remove the gland from the valves during welding?

Kindly suggest me, if there is any procedure for this process?

Thanks and regards,
M. Sivachidambaram
QHSE Engineer

Lakshman

Feb 22, 2015, 2:29:23 AM2/22/15
to material...@googlegroups.com
Hi friend,
Please elaborate...
What kind of valve, and what is moc, and what kind of packing / gland is their in valve.
Most of the valve manufacturer will give moc of packing to suit to welding only.
Please keep the valve in open condition.
Also maintain some gap at the pipe end(don't touch to valve end).

Lakshman kumar.B
Project manager.
9440031459