change in sfa number

Chaudhary Zafar Iqbal

Sep 29, 2021, 11:21:18 PM9/29/21
to material...@googlegroups.com
Hello good evening all experts
Can we use E71T1-1C-H4/H8 AWS SFA 5.36 filler wire instead of E71T1-1C-H4/H8 AWS SFA 5.20 if yes then please send me any  reference from code and standard by ASME-2C or SEX 9 or SAES- W12 or W11 or any international standard because our WPS is qualified on AWS 5.20 but we recieved Consumable material AWS SFA 5.36.         This attached label is recieved material

Regards ,
Zafar
00966544639978
IMG-20210929-WA0059.jpg

Vishwas Keskar

Sep 29, 2021, 11:43:16 PM9/29/21
to material...@googlegroups.com
PQR qualified  with SFA no XXXX , same shall be used in production Welding.

Now 2021 edition 5.36 is withdrawn.

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Sep 30, 2021, 1:50:52 AM9/30/21
to materials-welding
SFA no is not essential, only Fno & Ano is essential

THANKS & BEST REGARDS,
KG.PANDITHAN, BE, IWE,  CSWIP 3.1,
ISO 9712 Level 2 in VT,
ASNT-Level II in PT,MT,RT & UT,
LA ISO 9001-2015,
International Welding Engineer.
CONSULTANT-WELDING & QUALITY
Mobile no: +919940739349

james gerald

Sep 30, 2021, 4:00:54 AM9/30/21
to material...@googlegroups.com
There are 3 points to be considered as experts mentioned as below.

1. In ASME 2021 edition SFA 5.36 has been discontinued but I suppose the recalled may be used based provided the welding consumable certificate matches with A-Number of that Qualified for PQR.

2. Both SFA 5.20 & SFA 5.36 falls under F-Number 6 & hence  no issue.

3. Ensure the Shielding gas as qualified for 100%Co2

Thanks & Regards

J.Gerald Jayakumar