Clarification regarding pwht

Uma sankar Sankar

Nov 13, 2022, 10:21:27 PM11/13/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear experts.
                         ASTM A335 P91,Joint welding completed,Rt done ,third party NDT RTFI result RT pass,as per ITP PWHT should be done with in 24 hrs of welding completion,so PWHT done,but Aramco Oid dis agreed with third party Result, result given as repair, Repair done,can we perform PWHT ?if  we do stress release again,is there any specific standard?

Perumal Govindan

Nov 13, 2022, 10:36:54 PM11/13/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Please refer the WPS used for repair welding and there you can find the PWHT details.

Kind Regards
Govindan Perumal

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Vishwas Keskar

Nov 13, 2022, 11:21:43 PM11/13/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
What is Holding time in  your qualified PQR ?

Thanks

Vishwas- IWE
International Welding Engineer
Head - Welding Technology

On Mon, Nov 14, 2022 at 8:51 AM Uma sankar Sankar <umasan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear experts.
                         ASTM A335 P91,Joint welding completed,Rt done ,third party NDT RTFI result RT pass,as per ITP PWHT should be done with in 24 hrs of welding completion,so PWHT done,but Aramco Oid dis agreed with third party Result, result given as repair, Repair done,can we perform PWHT ?if  we do stress release again,is there any specific standard?

Jenish Mistry

Nov 28, 2022, 2:35:48 AM11/28/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear sir ,

As my understanding Material will go for Second time PWHT due to repair , In this case please check Simulation Cycle of Raw Material for How many time you can perform PWHT .

On Mon, Nov 14, 2022 at 8:51 AM Uma sankar Sankar <umasan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear experts.
                         ASTM A335 P91,Joint welding completed,Rt done ,third party NDT RTFI result RT pass,as per ITP PWHT should be done with in 24 hrs of welding completion,so PWHT done,but Aramco Oid dis agreed with third party Result, result given as repair, Repair done,can we perform PWHT ?if  we do stress release again,is there any specific standard?

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Nov 28, 2022, 10:14:42 PM11/28/22
to materials-welding
u should have simulated ur pqr soaking time cycle by envisaging the no of time of repairs. lot of arcticle available for effect on more number of cycle. google i