Simulation heat treatment as per code

Muhammed Ibrahim PK

Sep 18, 2019, 9:29:50 AM9/18/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
Gents,

Is simulation heat treatment required for material as per latest ASME sec viii?.

Reg,
Ibrahim

Muhammed Ibrahim PK

Sep 19, 2019, 1:18:08 AM9/19/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
Gents,

I simulation heat treatment required for material sample if the equipment not required impact test as per UCS-85 of ASME SEC VIII?

image.png

Thanks & RegardsMuhammed Ibrahim PK

José Juan Jiménez Alejandro

Sep 19, 2019, 1:18:08 AM9/19/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
You could be clearer about this

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Ing. José Juan Jiménez Alejandro

Independent Consultant in Parts

and Pressure Equipment

SSI-TPI

Móvil +52 1 812 352 4606

Skype: jjjimeneza

Message has been deleted

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Sep 20, 2019, 6:03:34 AM9/20/19
to materials-welding
Any ref pl

On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 9:20 am Souravbohray, <ermechsou...@gmail.com> wrote:
1.if during fabrication your temorature is more than 480c either by welding, preheat, forming you have to do simulation
2.now question raise we do pwht, stress(temp lower than lower critical temprature) relieving than require simulation or not answer is no because for Pnumber 1 exemption is given for this.
3.now question raises we have 2 matter hot forming and cold forming, cold forming can be done upto 16 mm thick plate no requirment of simulation but for more than16mm hit forming, swagging of nozzle required for which temprature is more than lower critical temprature so normalizing to be done with simulation.
4.fir this case raw material to be purchased with with 2 times nornalized(1 normalize due to requirment of hot forming of dish, she'll, nozzle, 2 if repair come it's to be repair)
If this kind of plate not available than purchase material in which tensile strength is in range near max range if tensike, strength)
5.if nozzle, dish head consist of long seam and hot forming required than pqr to be required with normalized two times
Hopes you understand