P8 WPS qualification

Muhammed Ibrahim PK

Jan 16, 2020, 10:17:23 PM1/16/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
Gents,

Please help to find the answer for below. Choices are given below. What would be the answer?

A repair organization has a WPS which states it is qualified for P-8 to
P-8 material welded with E308, E308L, E309, E316, electrodes (SMAW
process). The PQR, supporting this WPS, states the weld test coupons were
SA-240 Type 304L material, welded with E308 electrodes. Is the WPS properly
qualified for the base material listed?

A. Yes
B. No
C. Not enough information given
D. Yes, if properly heat treated

Thanks & Regards
Muhammed Ibrahim PK

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Jan 17, 2020, 2:56:31 AM1/17/20
to materials-welding
Other than E309, it seems to be ok. For E309, check the A no. It may be A9 instead of A8. Pl check in Section 9

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

José Juan Jiménez Alejandro

Jan 17, 2020, 11:25:49 AM1/17/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
Your question is not very clear to me, but I can tell you the following: If it is a P8 with another P8, you just have to verify that, that your WPS complies with the same P Numbers and with the same F Number and also with the Number A regarding your PQR.
Remember: P "+" F = A
With the data you present, my answer is YES, but I repeat, as you present it, it is not entirely clear to me.
Regards!.

--

Ing. José Juan Jiménez Alejandro

Independent Consultant in Parts

and Pressure Equipment

SSI-TPI

Móvil +52 1 812 352 4606

Skype: jjjimeneza

Nasir Olajide .

Jan 17, 2020, 11:25:50 AM1/17/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
The answer is YES, the base metal used in the PQR supports that in the WPS.

SA240 grade 304L is P-No 8.

Amitabh Bhattacharya

Jan 18, 2020, 8:59:22 PM1/18/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
YES- WPS is qualified by testing. F-A nos are same for P8-P8 SMAW process.

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Jan 18, 2020, 11:37:33 PM1/18/20
to materials-welding
F no may be same but A no differ . Pl check.