Chinese Steel to ASME BPVC Compliance

Fernando L Neto

May 30, 2023, 11:07:33 PM5/30/23
to materials-welding
Hello, dear friends. I hope this email finds all of you well.

Considering that there is a list of steels (and other metals) that are listed by the ASME BPVC Code, and also considering that there is a large list of steels produced that are not included in this official list, what are the steps to be taken to establish an equivalence and reclassify a steel such as Q235B (Chinese) to SA36 (I don't think it's only due to chemical composition and mechanical properties)

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Não contém vírus.www.avast.com

Vishwas Keskar

May 31, 2023, 3:49:58 AM5/31/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Fernando

QW 422 ASME SEC IX
This table enlists  P no Gr for specified materials .
For ASME SEC IX PQR  ,only LISTED materials are permitted to take range of qualification.
Unlisted materials ( Not listed  in QW 422 Table)need separate qualification.

For WPQ  , the Welder qualification can be done on other NON ASME materials with matching chemistry , Strength with ASME Listed materials Pl speak to AI for WPQs for unlisted material for WPQ.Any Client permission  . You may have to take or keep apprised about the same .

Thanks

Vishwas IWE

Sent from my iPhone

On 31-May-2023, at 8:37 AM, Fernando L Neto <fernando...@gmail.com> wrote: