Supplementary Essential Variables

udaya bhaskar

Aug 30, 2020, 8:13:29 AM8/30/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Experts,
image.png

Please Can you clarify to me the above highlighted point "T limits toughness".
This point Where is and when is applicable these Supplementary Essential Variables in WPS.
Will This Clause be applicable in water station piping WPS at Gulf countries?
Material : API5L-PSL2

--
With Regards

Udaya bahaskar.D

Vishwas Keskar

Aug 30, 2020, 8:43:39 AM8/30/20
to material...@googlegroups.com

This clause is applicable when Notch Toughness  is required in production welding  .
Pl. check the design drawing.
If Design Data is specifying that Notch Toughness Testing  'REQUIRED " then it is required
Pl. check
As per my knowledge , for water station piping , it is not required as low temperature application  is not there .
Check the drawing .

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Perumal Govindan

Aug 30, 2020, 8:54:07 AM8/30/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
Please check the MDMT / PMS /piping class / data sheet, then decide the notch toughness requirement.

Note: PSL2 is notch toughness tested material and confirm with the mill test certificate.

Kundan Ahirao

Aug 30, 2020, 11:49:29 PM8/30/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
This clause is applicable when Notch toughness tesing is specified.

Please Refer  ASME Sec IX clause No. 251.2- Essential variables are those in which a change, as described in the specific
variables, is considered to affect the mechanical proper�ties of the weldment, and shall require requalification of the WPS.
Supplementary essential variables are required for me�tals for which other Sections specify toughness tests and are in addition to the essential variables for each welding
process.

--

https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/

https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

---

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Materials & Welding" group.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/materials-welding/CANii3ROgt2d1_hs8pgoZqKd5EUjgd7quAqH8h-8z%2BnBfr2%3Dd0A%40mail.gmail.com.

Kundan Ahirao

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Aug 30, 2020, 11:49:29 PM8/30/20
to materials-welding
If impact is required, this clause is applicable, otherwise no