Difference of 2% of Chromium Content on the Actual PMI VS Sec IIA

Macario Jr. Palola

May 16, 2024, 2:36:03 AMMay 16
to Materials & Welding
Sirs,

May I ask your valuable inputs with regards to my queries.
Base on the attached report, the actual value of %Cr is 20% as per PMI and the value of %Cr in ASME Sec IIA. Now my question, is this acceptable or not ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Mac

The information contained in this email is intended for use only by the recipient to whom or which this is addressed. Such information may be privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary subject to the GMEC Email Disclaimer. Moreover, as we value your privacy, we will handle and safeguard any personal data we receive in this email in accordance with our Privacy Notice.
Doc1.docx
Sec IIA.png
PMI Reading Clamp.png

Ahmed Fouad

May 16, 2024, 4:53:34 AMMay 16
to material...@googlegroups.com
You can make a weight analysis to insure the real content of Cr.
Knowing that this test is a destructive test.
thank you

‫في الخميس، 16 مايو 2024 في 9:35 ص تمت كتابة ما يلي بواسطة ‪Macario Jr. Palola‬‏ <‪macario...@gmec.ph‬‏>:‬
--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Eng. Ahmed Fouad
Production Manager

Parminder Singh

May 16, 2024, 5:58:42 AMMay 16
to material...@googlegroups.com
10% deviation in parant metal and 12.5% deviation in Weld acceptable in PMI results

Mohamed Ali

May 16, 2024, 5:58:42 AMMay 16
to material...@googlegroups.com
Kindly get client specification for the same as they have mentioned the acceptance criteria in the same.

Many clients are acceptable the tolarnce range is +- 10%.

In this case Chromium range between 19.8 to 28.6 is acceptable.

Macario Jr. Palola

May 17, 2024, 12:20:17 AMMay 17
to Materials & Welding
Sirs,

Do we have supporting verses in ASME?

Thanks

Dinesh Baskaran

May 17, 2024, 2:44:28 AMMay 17
to material...@googlegroups.com

Plz refer attach

Thank and regards

Dinesh Baskaran

--
IMG-20240517-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20240517-WA0006.jpg

pradip kumar Sil

May 31, 2024, 12:41:39 AM (10 days ago) May 31
to material...@googlegroups.com
You can refer PFI  ( Pipe fabrication Institute ) or 10 % bi lateral tolerance of actual alloy content from code for the base metal.

Mohammed shaibaaz

Jun 2, 2024, 12:52:43 AM (8 days ago) Jun 2
to material...@googlegroups.com