Dissimilar chemical composition weld

Sintha Aidroos

May 22, 2023, 10:57:12 PM5/22/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear experts,
                Please advise about weld metal deposit  composition for base metal cuni 90/10 (UNS C 70600) and filler wire CuNi70/30 (UNS C 71500) combination of this material.We checked PMI at weld joint area but composition is not matching with ASME sec II part C .Can you give guidance for any PMI acceptance criteria?Here I attached PMI report for your review.

As per ASME sec II filler metal nickel percentage is 29-32 % and copper remaining.

 Regards

Aidroos

RANEESH PK

May 22, 2023, 11:22:56 PM5/22/23
to material...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

1. Alloys are acceplable if the alloying elements are each within 10% of the specifled range of values.

2. Welds with consumables that match, or nearly match, the base meal composilion shall be within +12.5% of the ranges allowed in ASME SEC IIC for each element.Chemical Composition of Material specs must be verifled/avallable.

thank you

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Parminder Singh

May 24, 2023, 7:31:26 AM5/24/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Please refer ASME Sec I Non Mandatory Appendix - B Clause B-8

Thanks
Parminder Singh