TESTS REQUIRED FOR PQR OF CORNER JOINT WITH SINGLE GROOVE WELD

vikas shelke

May 7, 2015, 1:08:02 PM5/7/15
to material...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,
    I have to qualify EN3A Plate to SA 106 Gr B Pipe Corner joint with single J Groove outside
Inline image 1.
Will you please suggest the TESTS required for the qualification of Procedure as per ASME Sec IX;

   Vikas

george....@gr.bureauveritas.com

May 7, 2015, 10:21:27 PM5/7/15
to vikas shelke
This qualifies as a butt joint

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
May 8, 2015, 4:04:34 AM5/8/15
to material...@googlegroups.com
but How test specimens for Tensile tests will be drawn as the pipe thickness is 12 mm & Plate thickness is 30 mm?

Vikas Shelke,

+91-9881749268.

george....@gr.bureauveritas.com

May 8, 2015, 5:56:50 AM5/8/15
to material...@googlegroups.com

You do not need to make a mock -up.
Just take select two pieces of plates by respecting all essential and supplementary essential variables (if impact test is required).
The form of bevel and the diameter are not essential variables for ASME BPVC Section IX

best regards

Dr. Georgios Dilintas

Authorized Nuclear Inspector
Authorized Inspector Supervisor

I&F REGIONAL TECHNICAL MANAGER
BUREAU VERITAS PIRAEUS - GREECE

Tel: +30 210 40 63 113 /4 /5
Fax: +30 210 40 63 118
Cell: +30 69 44 64 62 04

Inactive hide details for vikas shelke ---08/05/2015 11:04:37---but How test specimens for Tensile tests will be drawn as the pvikas shelke ---08/05/2015 11:04:37---but How test specimens for Tensile tests will be drawn as the pipe thickness is 12 mm & Plate thickn

From: vikas shelke <vikas.s...@gmail.com>
To: material...@googlegroups.com
Date: 08/05/2015 11:04
Sent by: material...@googlegroups.com

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 7:51 AM, <george....@gr.bureauveritas.com> wrote:

    This qualifies as a butt joint

    Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

    Hello everyone,
        I have to qualify EN3A Plate to SA 106 Gr B Pipe Corner joint with single J Groove outside

chirag...@gmail.com

May 9, 2015, 12:24:02 AM5/9/15
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear sir,

If you are using wps for corner joint for box type header for air cooled heat exchangers. Refer mandatory appendix 28 of ASME sec VIII-1.

Regards,
Chirag patel

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Sent: Friday 8 May 2015 3:26 PM

vikas shelke

May 9, 2015, 12:24:20 AM5/9/15
to material...@googlegroups.com
Thank you sir, I think I got the point , (kindly correct me if I am wrong for the following);
So I will take the EN3A plate & P1GR1 Plate Material (as impact test is there) for welding and carry out the qualification.

Muhammed Ibrahim PK

May 9, 2015, 2:27:27 AM5/9/15
to material...@googlegroups.com
For sec IX it is not required. For AWS D 1.1 it is required.

Thanks & Regards
Muhammed Ibrahim PK

george....@gr.bureauveritas.com

May 9, 2015, 1:59:10 PM5/9/15
to vikas shelke
Correct just match all essential and supplementary essential variables

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.