Radiography

Patel Ankit

Sep 13, 2020, 1:19:56 AM9/13/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
Hello Team,

I hope all member will be fine & Healthy.

My question is How can define take radiography full or spot.

In my drawing no any data mention about radiography like (Full, Spot , No joint efficiency ).

Sir pl. Tell me if you have any reference.

Thanks,
Ankit Patel

SENTHILKUMAR SWAMINATHAN

Sep 13, 2020, 10:35:04 PM9/13/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
Design Construction code?

Regards, S.SENTHILKUMAR

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Babur Khan

Sep 14, 2020, 12:43:53 AM9/14/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr. Ankit,
Please share detail information i.e design code and specifications.

Muhammad Babur Khan
Sent from my iPhone

Patel Ankit

Sep 14, 2020, 4:02:49 AM9/14/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir ,
Construction Code Is ASME SEC. VIII Div I.

Jignesh Desai

Sep 14, 2020, 10:06:43 AM9/14/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
Ankit,

If such details are not mention in General Arrangement Drawing then you may please refer to Mechanical Data sheet or Mechanical Calculation to get these details.

Patel Ankit

Sep 14, 2020, 11:01:42 PM9/14/20
to material...@googlegroups.com

udaya bhaskar

Sep 14, 2020, 11:01:42 PM9/14/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Ankit,
if not mentioned in drawing or design data why should you try to force it?
Couldn't mention any details about the item whichever you want?
Is this customer requirement or your doubt?
for clarification you can check ASME BPVC.VIII.1(UG103&UW11).

--
With Regards

Udaya bahaskar.D

George Dilintas

Sep 15, 2020, 7:38:27 AM9/15/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
If the Code is ASME VIII-1 the spot radiography is defined in UW-11(b) and in UW-52.
However, you have to consider the UW-12 and take into account the joint efficiencies of the butt welds and the joint efficiency of seamless vessel sections like heads.
Depending on the extend of the RT you stamp either RT 2 or RT 3 on the name plate

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Dr. Georgios Dilintas,
Dipl. Ing. In Aeronautic and Space Engineering
Ph.D in Mechanics of Solids - Computational Mechanics
A.I.S, A.N.I, IRCA Lead Auditor
Welding, Stress Analysis, Corrosion, QA/QC, Failure Analysis, Risk Analysis