CE Mark Required for Vessel

Saravanan Sornam

Feb 6, 2015, 9:15:10 AM2/6/15
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear experts,

Could you please send your reply for the following :

One of our new project requires U Stamp for a Vessel because of ASME Sec VIII Div-1 . As we are U Stamp holders, there is no issue,

and also our client requested for CE Marking.

For CE Marking , do we have to follow PED 97/23/EC requirements and get design appraisal from Inspection company like Lloyds.

Awaiting for your reply .

Regards,
Saravanan,
Korea

Nitin Shetty

Feb 7, 2015, 10:59:02 AM2/7/15
to material...@googlegroups.com
Yes you have to. Identify under which category does it come under as if you get the repeat order you do not have to do the design appraisal again. There are requirements for welder qualification and NDT personal performing the test.

george....@gr.bureauveritas.com

Feb 9, 2015, 4:12:49 AM2/9/15
to material...@googlegroups.com

It depends on the category of the vessel and on the selected module

best regards

Dr. Georgios Dilintas

Authorized Nuclear Inspector
Authorized Inspector Supervisor

I&F REGIONAL TECHNICAL MANAGER
BUREAU VERITAS PIRAEUS - GREECE

Tel: +30 210 40 63 113 /4 /5
Fax: +30 210 40 63 118
Cell: +30 69 44 64 62 04

Inactive hide details for Saravanan Sornam ---06/02/2015 16:15:17---Dear experts, Could you please send your reply for the follSaravanan Sornam ---06/02/2015 16:15:17---Dear experts, Could you please send your reply for the following :