3.2 requirement

mithlesh kumar

Jul 26, 2022, 12:52:25 AM7/26/22
to Materials & Welding
Dear Expert,

we have some pipes of 316 material all pipes are off cut and heat identification is not available on these pipes. MTC type requirement is 3.2 also we have not MTC. what is the Procedure to certify the material as per the 3.2 type requirement?

james gerald

Jul 26, 2022, 2:46:35 AM7/26/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
EN10204   3.2 certification is Specific testing of each HEAT under the supervision and testing of Manufacture Representative at Pipe mill involving various stages of testing as accepted with Manufacturer representative.

If 3.2 is the requirement then the service has to be considered Critical and normally without MTC I would scrap it.

If 1 or 2 testing has been omitted then you can discuss with the Client for witness at the Accredited LAb.

Discuss with your Client.

Thanks & Regards

J.Gerald Jayakumar

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

M.Sathiya Narayanan

Jul 30, 2022, 10:00:30 AM7/30/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mithleash

To avoid conflicts Need to discuss the same with client if needed up to end user for acceptance,

All the parties should agreed for the test to be conducted, and its acceptance limits, since some time client specification has some stringent requirements,

Regards

Sathiyanarayanan

7358752505

On Tue, 26 Jul, 2022, 10:22 am mithlesh kumar, <mithles...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Expert,

we have some pipes of 316 material all pipes are off cut and heat identification is not available on these pipes. MTC type requirement is 3.2 also we have not MTC. what is the Procedure to certify the material as per the 3.2 type requirement?

mithlesh kumar

Dec 17, 2022, 9:45:10 AM12/17/22
to Materials & Welding

Dear expert

Today i have reviewed one MTC of WP22 and found that vanadium is given in heat analysis inly but as per code chemical table it's not required isnit acceptable or not if acceptable code reference please.
Thanks

Sourav Bohrays

Dec 17, 2022, 10:17:21 AM12/17/22
to material...@googlegroups.com