Welding Cast Iron & G.I

Manoj Singh

Dec 26, 2022, 2:32:06 AM12/26/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Experts,

Does any one experienced welding of G.I and Cast Iron in their career time, Is it possible to weld the said metal, if someone has the experience please share the details of the same.
As we are trying to weld the said metal  it is cracking at the same time before cooling.

Your comments will be highly appreciable.

Thanks & Regards,

Manoj Singh

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Dec 26, 2022, 10:16:02 PM12/26/22
to materials-welding
expand GI

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

CHITTARANJAN BHIWANDKAR

Dec 26, 2022, 11:50:40 PM12/26/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Manoj, You will have to specify the details of material grade, Thickness & the welding procedure you followed, if possible pls. share the WPS followed

Deepak Bhati

Dec 27, 2022, 12:08:27 AM12/27/22
to Materials & Welding
Let us use ENiCi Welding consumable with  current as low as possible and deposit short weld beads not exceeding 50 mm. Peen the welds   .