WPS and PQR

saleem manhappulath

Jun 13, 2022, 5:29:33 AM6/13/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear all

I have PQR Cs to inconel with impact.
Thinkness 11.07mm
Deposit weld metal thickness: gtaw-6mm smaw -5.07

I need prepare wps for gtaw only
What thickness range will mention for base metal in wps

Regards
Saleem
--
Thanks & Best Regards
Saleem manhappulath

Mob:+966533595849
WhatsApp:+919526445936

From iPhone xs

Anilkumar G

Jun 13, 2022, 5:49:44 AM6/13/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
Assuming the code is ASME Sec IX. Thickness in WPS is 11.07mm to 22.14mm.(impact applicable)

Regards

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

sriniva...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2022, 12:00:25 AM6/14/22
to Materials & Welding

Dear Saleem
Basemetal /weld metal Thickness qualified range depends on the factors like construction code(design code, service) ,welding code , client specifications and other international standards applicable for an application.

if code of construction ASME SEC VIII DIV.1 & welding code ASME SEC IX
Weld deposit thickness range  : 12mm Max
base metal Thickness range: 11.07mm to 22.14mm Max

if code of construction  ASME B31.3 & welding code ASME SEC IX
Weld deposit thickness range  : 12mm Max
base metal Thickness range: 5.53 mm to 16.07mm Max

Thanks& Regards,
Srinivas Rao

Manikandan J

Jun 14, 2022, 4:49:54 AM6/14/22
to material...@googlegroups.com

Dear All,

As per B31.3 - 2020 & ASME SEC IX
Base Metal Thk Range 11.07 mm to 22.14 mm
Weld Metal Thk (Max)    12 mm

Regards,
Manikandan

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Srinivas Rao

Jun 14, 2022, 11:18:17 PM6/14/22
to Materials & Welding
Dear  Manikandan  ,

 Impact testing qualification limites for ASME B31.3 2020 for highpressure piping it is still T/2  to T+6  , however it shall be clarified by ASME body  refer attached.

and construction code always supersedes welding code.

Regard,

srinivas Rao

impa.PNG

Manikandan J

Jun 15, 2022, 2:28:03 AM6/15/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr.Srinivas,

  T/2  to T+6 thickness limits not applicable as per latest  latest edition of B31.3 2020 & It shall be applicable for 31.3-2018 Edition
Please find the snapshot of  both 2018 & 2020 Edition for your reference.

Regards,
Manikandan

B31.3 - 2020.JPG
B31.3-2018.JPG

Srinivas Rao

Jun 15, 2022, 3:57:31 AM6/15/22
to Materials & Welding
Dear Mr. Manikandan,
still T/2  to T+6 thickness limits is applicable for  chapter IX piping attached file for your infroamtion and  How ASME Is applied strigent requiremnt to normal pressure piping (chapter -V)  , why more relaxtation on hIgh pressure piping (chapter IX)  is a question now , let ASME B31.3 2020 Edition intepreations can only clarify this requirment. let us wait till that time.

Thanks & regards,
Srinivas Rao

Pages from ASME B31.3 2020 Process Piping.pdf

Benaouda Mezrar

Sep 22, 2022, 6:55:21 AM9/22/22
to Materials & Welding
Sir Srivinas Rao
Please could you explaine more

Adnan Ziad

Sep 22, 2022, 11:24:32 PM9/22/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
ITS WILL BE T \ 2  TO T + 2

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Sep 23, 2022, 1:15:56 AM9/23/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
As per ASME SEC IX, QW 403.6, Minimum base metal thickness is 11.04mm

THANKS & BEST REGARDS,
KG.PANDITHAN, BE, IWE,  CSWIP 3.1,
ISO 9712 Level 2 in VT,
ASNT-Level II in PT,MT,RT & UT,
LA ISO 9001-2015,
International Welding Engineer.
CONSULTANT-WELDING & QUALITY
Mobile no: +919940739349

On Mon, Jun 13, 2022 at 2:59 PM saleem manhappulath <salee...@gmail.com> wrote:
--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Benaouda Mezrar

Sep 24, 2022, 1:49:04 AM9/24/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
What I understand is :
When we are in high pressure we use T/2 to T+6
When we are in normal pressure we use T/2 to 2T
Is that right ??