Filler rod selection for SS 304L to SA 335 pipe welding

Aakash

Jun 13, 2020, 2:58:16 AM6/13/20
to Materials & Welding
Hello,
Please suggest what should be the filler rod/ electrode for SS 304L to SA 335 pipe welding by gtaw and smaw process?

Regards

Karthik

Jun 13, 2020, 3:10:42 AM6/13/20
to Materials & Welding
Hi,
Use ENiCrFe-2 or ENiCrMo-3

Thanks& Regards,

(Karthik)

Karthikeyan.S

M: +66-892512282
E-mail : karth...@yahoo.com

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Jun 13, 2020, 3:33:58 AM6/13/20
to materials-welding
Prolonged and High temp, NiCrMo3 may not be suitable

THANKS & BEST REGARDS,
KG.PANDITHAN, BE, IWE,  CSWIP 3.1,
ISO 9712 Level 2 in VT,
ASNT-Level II in PT,MT,RT & UT,
LA ISO 9001-2015,
International Welding Engineer.
CONSULTANT-WELDING & QUALITY
Mobile no: +919940739349

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/materials-welding/375117352.159368.1592032147808%40mail.yahoo.com.

wilfred kojo

Jun 14, 2020, 12:09:35 PM6/14/20
to Materials & Welding
Gents,
GTAW - ERNiCr-3
SMAW - ENiCrFe-3

Chintan

Jun 14, 2020, 12:09:35 PM6/14/20
to Materials & Welding
Use ER312 & E312

harenath jha

Jun 14, 2020, 11:39:12 PM6/14/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
Basis of selection please ?

On Sun, Jun 14, 2020, 21:39 Chintan <chin...@gmail.com> wrote:
Use ER312 & E312

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

wilfred kojo

Jun 15, 2020, 2:59:50 AM6/15/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
For high temperature service, ER312 or E312 is not a good choice due to difference in coefficient of thermal expansion between 312 and ferritic steel which cause early failure.

HENNING John

Jun 15, 2020, 11:36:41 AM6/15/20
to material...@googlegroups.com

E/ER-312, with a high ferrite content, will also experience severe embrittlement at elevated temperatures.

DISCLAIMER This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain information which is confidential and/or protected by intellectual property rights and are intended for the sole use of the recipient(s)named above. Any use of the information contained herein (including, but not limited to, total or partial reproduction, communication or distribution in any form) by persons other than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender either by telephone or by e-mail and delete the material from any computer.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We respect and protect your privacy to provide you with our services. Please read https://www.hamon.com/customer-data-protection-notice (Customer) and https://www.hamon.com/seller-data-protection-notice (Supplier) how we process your personal data.

Thank you for your cooperation.