electrode selection

QA/QC Deptt. TCPL

Oct 28, 2020, 3:55:16 AM10/28/20
to Materials & Welding
Please suggest electrode for welding sa516 & sa105

Jamie Reyes

Oct 29, 2020, 1:40:45 AM10/29/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
In order to receive the results you are seeking, you should elaborate a bit more. For instance, the type of welding process to be used, service application, service temperature, if impacts are needed, hardness is of concern, etc. If you would like me to just name you any electrode without knowing any of the above mentioned information, I suppose one can recommend for instance, E71T-1 for the FCAW Process, E70C-6M for the MCAW Process, ER70S-2(or -3;-6)for the GTAW or GMAW Process, E7018 for the SMAW Process, just to name a few. Like I stated in the beginning, I suggest specifying what exactly it is that you are seeking to accomplish. Some of the electrode variables can change (designators) in order to meet certain criteria’s, this is why you need to specify more information. Cheers.....

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Vinoth Rajendran

Oct 29, 2020, 1:40:46 AM10/29/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
E 7018 for SMAW
ER 70S-2 for TIG

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020, 13:25 QA/QC Deptt. TCPL <q...@tirupatisteel.com> wrote:
Please suggest electrode for welding sa516 & sa105

Sandeep Pr

Oct 29, 2020, 1:40:46 AM10/29/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
welding process please..

With Regards,

Sandeep.P.Raghavan

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 11:55 AM QA/QC Deptt. TCPL <q...@tirupatisteel.com> wrote:
Please suggest electrode for welding sa516 & sa105

Kishor Swaminathan

Oct 29, 2020, 1:40:46 AM10/29/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
tirupatisteel

SA 516 =  E7018
SA 105 = E6010 + E7018

Regards,

Kishor
qc inspector

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 10:55 AM QA/QC Deptt. TCPL <q...@tirupatisteel.com> wrote:
Please suggest electrode for welding sa516 & sa105

George Dilintas

Oct 29, 2020, 1:40:54 AM10/29/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
Basically E7018

Στις Τετ, 28 Οκτ 2020 στις 9:55 π.μ., ο/η QA/QC Deptt. TCPL <q...@tirupatisteel.com> έγραψε:
Please suggest electrode for welding sa516 & sa105

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Dr. Georgios Dilintas,
Dipl. Ing. In Aeronautic and Space Engineering
Ph.D in Mechanics of Solids - Computational Mechanics
A.I.S, A.N.I, IRCA Lead Auditor
Welding, Stress Analysis, Corrosion, QA/QC, Failure Analysis, Risk Analysis

Emilio Cerato

Oct 29, 2020, 1:40:55 AM10/29/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
You can use E7018-1

Please suggest electrode for welding sa516 & sa105

Ankur Pandey

Oct 29, 2020, 1:40:55 AM10/29/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
E7018

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 3:55 AM QA/QC Deptt. TCPL <q...@tirupatisteel.com> wrote:
Please suggest electrode for welding sa516 & sa105

José Juan Jiménez Alejandro

Oct 29, 2020, 1:40:57 AM10/29/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
E7018 SMAW
ER70S-6 GMAW / GTAW

El mié., 28 de octubre de 2020 1:55 a. m., QA/QC Deptt. TCPL <q...@tirupatisteel.com> escribió:
Please suggest electrode for welding sa516 & sa105

Sunny Modi

Bien.ND | weldinginspections.net

Nov 6, 2020, 10:43:07 PM11/6/20
to Materials & Welding
I recommend the guideline >>> Welding Consumables guides in API RP 582 2016 - Welding Guidelines for the Chemical, Oil, and Gas Industries. Annex A: Table A.1 - Carbon and Low-alloy Steel