Base Metal Hardness after PWHT

patelr...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2020, 1:48:21 AM2/21/20
to Materials & Welding
Dear Experts,

For SA 182 F11 and SA 182 F22 materials after welding and PWHT hardness of Base Metal is reduced to 120 HB, is it acceptable or not ?

james gerald

Feb 21, 2020, 2:22:41 AM2/21/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
If you use a rebound hardness tester or some similar sources it may show low reading. Properly grind the surface and use a calibrated hardness machine. Your readings are low and it should be between 200 to 225 bhn

harenath jha

Feb 21, 2020, 2:43:04 AM2/21/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
Please specify the Method of measurement and instruments used ?

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

james gerald

Feb 21, 2020, 4:59:27 AM2/21/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
Referred hardness testing equipment is GE Krautkramer MIC 10

Thanks & Regards

J.Gerald Jayakumar

Roshan Patel

Feb 21, 2020, 5:38:01 AM2/21/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
Hardness measured with portable Hardness tester. Also try after grinding also no major different.

My point is after PWHT Base Metal hardness is around 120 HB acceptable or not ?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Materials & Welding" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/materials-welding/544821697.4494763.1582278996320%40mail.yahoo.com.

james gerald

Feb 22, 2020, 12:12:23 AM2/22/20
to material...@googlegroups.com

There is no limitation on lower hardness value. But tensile strength is proportionate to hardness. Hence check with your client

Karthik

Feb 22, 2020, 12:41:30 AM2/22/20
to Materials & Welding
Hi,
Please find below the hardness limit for SA182 F11,F22. You didnt specify the Class for F11 and F22. Hardness value limits varies depend upon the class. for F22 Class 1, no minimum value but other classes in F22 and F11 have minimum and maximum values.

Inline image

Thanks& Regards,

(Karthik)

Karthikeyan.S

E-mail : karthi...@yahoo.com

On Friday, February 21, 2020, 01:48:21 PM GMT+7, patelr...@gmail.com <patelr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Experts,

For SA 182 F11 and SA 182 F22 materials after welding and PWHT hardness of Base Metal is reduced to 120 HB, is it acceptable or not ?

pradip kumar Sil

Feb 22, 2020, 6:22:37 AM2/22/20
to materials-welding
Hi,
Code does not mention higher and lower hardness limit. Your designer will specify the lomit.
Regards,
Pradip

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/materials-welding/1344445984.736399.1582349067423%40mail.yahoo.com.

Roshan Patel

Feb 22, 2020, 11:47:22 AM2/22/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear,

I am not asking about raw material hardness requirement. If I weld two pieces of F22 Cl 3 material and put whole item in Furnace for PWHT then how I will achieve base metal hardness as per raw material requirements ?