AWS D1.1 CJP and Fillet

Parminder Singh

Jun 7, 2023, 6:58:13 AM6/7/23
to Materials & Welding
Dear Experts,

Will CJP WPS qualify for Fillet Welds ?

Baqer Shabbeer

Jun 8, 2023, 2:27:04 AM6/8/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
Please share here qualification’s and design code

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Parminder Singh

Jun 8, 2023, 2:43:09 AM6/8/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
WPS qualified in CJP as per AWS D1.1 Ed 2020

james gerald

Jun 8, 2023, 8:05:11 AM6/8/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
Details like plate,  position etc.. required. Decode from the below snapshot of AWS D1.1

Inline image
Inline image

Thanks & Regards

J.Gerald Jayakumar

0091-8838619635

mithlesh kumar

Jun 10, 2023, 8:08:05 AM6/10/23
to Materials & Welding
Dear James,

Attached table is for position qualification , Only in case of T,Y & K Type joint fillet can performed. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks
Mithlesh

james gerald

Jun 11, 2023, 11:06:36 PM6/11/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
Just to add as per AWS D1.1 the weld types requiring qualification.

Inline image

Thanks & Regards

J.Gerald Jayakumar

0091-8838619635

james gerald

Jun 11, 2023, 11:06:36 PM6/11/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
YES it is for the Applicable positions Qualified.

Fillet welds shall be Qualified Separately. If your question is whether CJP groove weld qualifies Fillet weld then is is NO.

Fillet test shall be qualified as below.

Inline image

Inline image

Thanks & Regards

J.Gerald Jayakumar

0091-8838619635

Naveen Kumar

Apr 18, 2024, 4:03:21 AMApr 18
to Materials & Welding
CJP Groove qualify Fillet weld also.

Source:
AWS D1.1:2020 Section 6.12 Last Paragrapgh "Any PJP qualification shall also qualify any fillet weld size on any thickness"

My understanding is:
As per sec 6.12.1 Qualified CJP PQR can Qualify PJP confirming to Fig 5.2, Now your CJP PQR is qualified for PJP, So Any PJP qualification shall also qualify fillet weld.

1.PNG