Equivalent Material for WPS/PQR

syahrul husin

Jan 13, 2017, 2:39:00 AM1/13/17
to Materials & Welding

Hi all,

I m doing carbon steel WPS according to ASME 9.
I m selecting SA36 (p.no 1) as base metal. According to ASME 9, range qualify for P no. 1 should be from P no. 1 itself through P. no 15F.

so my question is does this also qualify carbon steel grade from other standard SS41,SS400 (JIS), EN10024 JR (EN) ?

Prasad Rode

Jan 15, 2017, 11:42:48 PM1/15/17
to Materials & Welding
Dear,

Pls see whether, chemical and mechanical properties of the suggested material should be match compared to properties of Sa36.

Regards
Prasad

raouf salhi

Jan 16, 2017, 10:45:28 AM1/16/17
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Prasad ;

For steel equivalents this document can help you .

regards

SALHI Raouf
QA/QC Engineer

Tel: Morocco +212628979891
      Tunisia +21621458258

--
http://www.linkedin.com/groups/MaterialsWelding-122787?home=&gid=122787&trk=anet_ug_hm
The views expressed/exchnaged in this group are members personel views and meant for educational purposes only, Users must take their own decisions w.r.t. applicable code/standard/contract documents.

Equivalents of Carbon Steel Qualities.html

Dinesh Somwanshi

Jan 16, 2017, 10:45:44 AM1/16/17
to material...@googlegroups.com

Dear,

Its added is2062,10025-235jr in same P1g1,  ref asme9.

Thanking You,

With Regards..
Dinesh V Somwanshi
Api 570, Cswip 3.1,Bgas 2
Authorised Certified Piping, Welding, Painting Inspector.
00919881344135

--
http://www.linkedin.com/groups/MaterialsWelding-122787?home=&gid=122787&trk=anet_ug_hm
The views expressed/exchnaged in this group are members personel views and meant for educational purposes only, Users must take their own decisions w.r.t. applicable code/standard/contract documents.

George Dilintas

Jan 16, 2017, 10:46:03 AM1/16/17
to Meghanadh K
if not listed in ASME IX (no Pno allocation), then no..

--
http://www.linkedin.com/groups/MaterialsWelding-122787?home=&gid=122787&trk=anet_ug_hm
The views expressed/exchnaged in this group are members personel views and meant for educational purposes only, Users must take their own decisions w.r.t. applicable code/standard/contract documents.

Dr. Georgios Dilintas,
Dipl. Ing. In Aeronautic and Space Engineering
Ph.D in Mechanics of Solids - Computational Mechanics
A.I.S, A.N.I, IRCA Lead Auditor
Welding, Stress Analysis, Corrosion, QA/QC, Failure Analysis, Risk Analysis