SAW welding // SA240 TYP201LN // consumable selection

atul jha

Jul 25, 2021, 1:35:04 AM7/25/21
to material...@googlegroups.com
DEAR EXPERT
I am searching for welding consumables as per below requirement  for cryogenic vessel MDMT -196⁰ C
Base material- SA 240 TYP 201LN.( UTS 655N/mm².
Imapct test- (-196⁰c,LE must be 0.38 mm,energy 34J.
Bend test at 4t,180⁰.
Previously I welded this material by Ni Cr Mo-3 filler wire and flux from a reputed manufacturer and result was acceptable all marine class surveyor.
At persent I am looking for  any alternative consumables which satisfy above requirements and cheaper than Ni Cr MO-3.
As required quantity is huge so I can go with unassigned welding consuambles also.

Guidance  regarding consuambles is highly appreciated.

Regards
Atul jha .
Mob no- 8817536323.

Vishwas Keskar

Jul 25, 2021, 2:28:32 AM7/25/21
to material...@googlegroups.com
Request to  send SA240  type 201LN specification for study

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Vanchinath S.A.

Jul 25, 2021, 2:41:27 AM7/25/21
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr.Jha
If the material thickness is above 10mm ,you have no choice but to use Mo3 consumables.
regards

atul jha

Jul 25, 2021, 11:15:42 AM7/25/21
to material...@googlegroups.com
Sir
you may refer  ASMEIIA  for chemical composition and subsequently you may  proceed  effect of alloying element as I also don't have any specific paper regarding this.