WPQ RENEWAL - ASME SEC IX

Sujith M S

Oct 26, 2023, 2:32:14 AM10/26/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
Any body please help me to find out solution on below matter,

One welder's wpq has not been renewed in the last six months, now how to renew the certificate? Which NDE report is required?

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Oct 27, 2023, 6:27:30 AM10/27/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
ref QW 322

THANKS & BEST REGARDS,
KG.PANDITHAN, BE, IWE,  CSWIP 3.1,
ISO 9712 Level 2 in VT,
ASNT-Level II in PT,MT,RT & UT,
LA ISO 9001-2015,
International Welding Engineer.
CONSULTANT-WELDING & QUALITY
Mobile no: +919940739349

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Vishwas Keskar

Oct 27, 2023, 6:27:30 AM10/27/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
image.png

Pl. go thr above ASME SEC IX cluse and do further needful for renewal

On Thu, Oct 26, 2023 at 12:02 PM Sujith M S <sujit...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any body please help me to find out solution on below matter,

One welder's wpq has not been renewed in the last six months, now how to renew the certificate? Which NDE report is required?

Jenish Mistry

Oct 27, 2023, 6:27:30 AM10/27/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear sir,

Just show his continuity record with evidence of RT report of last Six month.

On Thu, Oct 26, 2023 at 12:02 PM Sujith M S <sujit...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any body please help me to find out solution on below matter,

One welder's wpq has not been renewed in the last six months, now how to renew the certificate? Which NDE report is required?

bavithran samuthralingam

Oct 27, 2023, 6:28:18 AM10/27/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
Any volumetric NDT reports need to be attached as supporting docs for renewal.

On Thu, 26 Oct 2023 at 9:32 AM Sujith M S <sujit...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any body please help me to find out solution on below matter,

One welder's wpq has not been renewed in the last six months, now how to renew the certificate? Which NDE report is required?

Gopi Krishna Banerjee

Oct 27, 2023, 6:28:19 AM10/27/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
V. T. & RT.

On Thu, 26 Oct 2023, 12:02 Sujith M S, <sujit...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any body please help me to find out solution on below matter,

One welder's wpq has not been renewed in the last six months, now how to renew the certificate? Which NDE report is required?

Brijesh Maurya

Oct 27, 2023, 6:28:20 AM10/27/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
Rt to be carried on new welded coupon.

On Thu, 26 Oct, 2023, 12:02 pm Sujith M S, <sujit...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any body please help me to find out solution on below matter,

One welder's wpq has not been renewed in the last six months, now how to renew the certificate? Which NDE report is required?

james gerald

Oct 28, 2023, 12:51:01 AM10/28/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
Normally Welder Qualification continuity will be performed in the Sixth month with a document such as a production Report signed by a Supervisor. Responsible person and his Qualifications for that welding process are extended by Six months.

If the welder continuity is not maintained within six months of the welding process, then the welder's Qualification is considered Expired. For renewal weld a single coupon plate/pipe and perform VT & RT so that all their Qualifications for the welding process is renewed.

Inline image

Inline image
Inline image

Thanks & Regards