Increase in soaking time

kumar sumit

Dec 8, 2023, 12:54:38 PM12/8/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear sir
              In Pwht if soaking time period is increase(I.e- 15-20minute) at that time it is accepted or not. If accepted then how. If not accepted then also explain. Because I also search in sec IX but I cannot find.
                      Please explain.
I thankful to you.

Vishwas Keskar

Dec 8, 2023, 9:35:52 PM12/8/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
The question is generic.
To answer the query , you may refer below
For production weld PWHT, construction codes like  ASME SEC I PW 39 . ASME sec VIII DIV 1 UCS 56 are referred.
The holding time at the specified temperature range is followed  as a Minimum from respective Tables in the Codes  .
15 - 20 minutes more than minimum specified is acceptable and no issue is envisaged
Vishwas Keskar
IWE

Sent from my iPhone

On 08-Dec-2023, at 11:24 PM, kumar sumit <kumars...@gmail.com> wrote: