Damaged RF

Vijay Joshi

Oct 31, 2016, 6:20:40 AM10/31/16
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear experts,
A  2" RF WN flange gasket (or raised surface) area got blasted by oversight and NCR was raised by our client. We have done milling -machining on the surface to restore the raised face and it looks OK and acceptable but the client is asking for machining report.
How is it done, I mean to confirm that the flange is acceptable?
Can we see a standard report of such machining.

Thankfully,
Vijay Joshi

sam m

Oct 31, 2016, 7:19:45 AM10/31/16
to material...@googlegroups.com
Confirmation for the flange face roughness (AARH) -usually reported in microns inch against the standard requirements (e.g ASME B16.5)shall be produced as an evident

Regards
Sam
--
http://www.linkedin.com/groups/MaterialsWelding-122787?home=&gid=122787&trk=anet_ug_hm
The views expressed/exchnaged in this group are members personel views and meant for educational purposes only, Users must take their own decisions w.r.t. applicable code/standard/contract documents.

Sent from Gmail Mobile

baskaran subramaniyan

Nov 1, 2016, 5:53:51 AM11/1/16
to material...@googlegroups.com
Hai,

See ASME B16.5 Cluase 6.4.6 for acceptance on Flange Facing Finish Imperfections.

Verify with the comparator for machining finish

Generally 3.2 to 6.4 micrometers AARH is acceptable.

Regards

Baskaran Subramaniyan

TDK YOKESH

Nov 1, 2016, 7:24:09 AM11/1/16
to material...@googlegroups.com

You can refer ASME PCC1 or PCC2 according to your requirements . Gives you the acceptance criteria and machining allowances .

Vijay Joshi

Nov 1, 2016, 8:54:54 AM11/1/16
to material...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to you all.