PWHT For Trunnion support

Chiranjeevi A

Jan 4, 2020, 10:07:20 AM1/4/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Raghuram Bathula,

   The main run pipe 20" is having thickness of 31.mm and being subjected to PWHT.
A dummy leg (12") is welded to the main pipe as dummy leg. pls confirm that, do we require PWHT at this joints as highlighted in below snap

image.png

Tajuddin Mohammed

Jan 4, 2020, 11:20:11 AM1/4/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
Yes we need to do the  PWHT of these type of joints as it is directly welded to the pipe

Mohammed Tajuddin

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Jan 5, 2020, 3:28:19 AM1/5/20
to materials-welding
Governing thickness is as per B31.1 & 31.3 is Nominal material thickness??

pradip kumar Sil

Jan 5, 2020, 8:33:19 AM1/5/20
to materials-welding
If the material is CS as per B31.3, preheat temp is above 95 degree centrigrade then no need to conduct PWHT.
Only you have to qualify PQR

Mohd Siraj

Jan 6, 2020, 2:27:06 AM1/6/20
to Materials & Welding
No need.

But if pwht is service requirement you have to do.

MW

Jan 7, 2020, 12:19:40 AM1/7/20
to Materials & Welding
what is your code of construction, and service? any project specific requirements?

Venkadesh Lakshmanan

Jan 7, 2020, 3:24:52 AM1/7/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
No need, pls refer governing thickness specified in B31.3