ASME B31.3 2016 Ed - PWHT table

PARAI Reaction Channel

Jun 27, 2019, 6:17:29 AM6/27/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dears ,

Could you please let me know whether PWHT is required for piping as per ASME B31.3, 2016 Edition for the P No. 1 Gr.1 welded to itself and also welded with  P No. 1 Gr.2 up to 25 mm thickness of welds, as per the Table 331.1.1.

Also, there is an exemption given in Table 331.1.3, when we preheat of 95 Deg C for greater than 25 mm thk. Hence I am asking this query.

Please check and let me know.

With best regards,
Saravanan Sornam,
Korea

.

PARAI Reaction Channel

Jun 27, 2019, 11:29:00 PM6/27/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dears,

In pursuant to the trailing mail sent by me,

can any one review and let me know whether PWHT is required for the query..

Regards,
Saravanan Sornam,
Korea

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Jun 28, 2019, 7:27:38 AM6/28/19
to materials-welding
If preaheat is done, not required

THANKS & BEST REGARDS,
KG.PANDITHAN, BE, IWE,  CSWIP 3.1,
ISO 9712 Level 2 in VT,
ASNT-Level II in PT,MT,RT & UT,
LA ISO 9001-2015,
International Welding Engineer.
CONSULTANT-WELDING & QUALITY
Mobile no: +919940739349

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

munee...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2019, 12:10:40 AM6/29/19
to materials-welding
Hi,

On first condition, you have to check with your Designer, they may not not approve exemptions, your owner or company, basically some strignet world class ''COMPANY'' does not entertain most of the international code exemptions as per service requirements irrelavant of thickness or irrelavant of exemptions.

Secondly, note 6 of T 331.1.3 says if single layers or single pass on productions, same shall be written on  WPS with HI check ±10%.

Concluding that you may waive with CODE exemptions if you exempt the above conditions.

Yours
MOHAMED MUNEEB MAHABOOB
+91-786-700-444-6
TRZ - INDIA

Kaushik bhagvandas patel

Jun 29, 2019, 12:10:40 AM6/29/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
If Preheat is Done, No need to Required PWHT.

Thanks & Regard's

Kaushik Patel,
Surveyor,
Bureau Veritas - Gandhidham
Mobile: +91 9687000073.

Prashant Rane

Jul 1, 2019, 3:54:29 AM7/1/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
As per ASME B31.3 2016 when preheat of 95 Deg C for greater than 25 mm thk, PWHT is not mandatory.

ASME B313.3 does not ask to perform PWHT if above mentioned conditions are fulfilled.  How ever there are client specifications and if the design is as per the previous Editions of B31.3 PWHT may need to be performed.  This will have to be decided in discussion with client.

Regards,

Prashant P Rane
00971 50 6110308

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

PARAI Reaction Channel

Jul 1, 2019, 11:29:42 PM7/1/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sirs,

Thank you so much for yours' valuable reply.

Definitely, I would check with client , before we submit the welding book to them for approval.

Thanks and Regards,
Saravanan Sornam,
Korea